I Hope I Love Them (LITLR) - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, March 03, 2022, 05:23:14 AM

AndyR

I Hope I Love Them - A A J Russe
Written sometime in 1989
Recorded 2nd March 2022
The Shoebox Demos Vol 1

==========================

This one has tugged at me for many many years.

I absolutely adored it from the moment I wrote it in 1989... But I thought it was too short (I think someone said "it will be really good when you've actually finished it" and I tended to believe people in those days).

I used the chords and some of the melody for other things a few years later. I sort of regretted that, but now I don't really care.

It always kept calling me back, every time I sifted through the battered sheets of A4 looking for something to sing... and there it was.

I still know exactly what this was about. And, really... there was nothing more to say on the subject. It always was kind of complete.

A few years ago, when I was cataloguing and typing in some lyrics of old songs, this was high on the list. And as I typed it in I sort of decided it was finished as it is.

All I had to do was record it one day.

I Hope I Love Them
Words & Music AndyR
--------------------------------
They said they would but no-one came
I hope I love them anyway
It may be wrong the things they've done
I hope I love them when they're gone

They all laughed when I fell down
Let them laugh - I'm not around
I hope I will not them down
I hope I love them

Some go fast and some go slow
How was I supposed to know
People say what they must say
I hope I love them anyway

Copyright (C) 1989 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Mike_S

Short but very sweet Andy. I really like the style of lyric. It's like a window we can half see through and we want to see more. Beautifully played and done and I have to say although you have had this one on your to do list for a long time, it sounds really fresh and spontaneous. Great song.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

As Mike_S said: Short but very sweet. I think the song lenght is perfect for the theme of this song. It says everything and feels like it comes a full circle in the end. Great song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Greeny

Love it. Tender and fragile. The thing with words are that they can't fail to work / sound great when you deliver them with passion and conviction like you do here. It's a lovely length for the final and poignant foot-note on an album. Fantastic!

Blooby

I'm loving these sparse posts as they draw all the attention to the lyric (and your lyrics are worth a second, 3rd, etc. look). Enjoyed this a lot. Relatable, sadly.

Blooby