Aurora Winds (instrumental)

Started by WarpCanada, February 27, 2022, 05:57:50 PM

WarpCanada

Aurora Winds
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is just a bit of a learning experiment with my new toy BitWig Studio.

Arrangement as seen in this view of my project shows a very common pattern for me. Windy intro and outro, and then a kind of A/B/A repetition throughout.

The main instrument used for the entire track is the Polymer synth that comes with Bitwig.    I also added a bit of Arturia's hammond B3 emulation but you can hardly hear that. The sounds here are 99% bitwig's built in Polymer synth and effects.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

SE

Well done in capturing an uplifting soundscape that takes  us to a better place. I was in the Scottish countryside at the weekend and this would have  fitted perfectly with the scenery, well done!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

how does that work?  do you build a small piece as in those colored blocks and then set them in place? 
I gotta blow up of the photo so I could look better.  Interesting.
at just before 1 min this sounds similar to some of the sounds in "Blinded By The Light" which is an all time favorite of mine.
niece piece of instrumental experiment!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Nice piece to listen too for a first experiment..will be interesting to see how you progress with BitWig !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Cool sounding soundscape, Warren. You will be having heaps of fun with that new toy!
Ray Brookes

WarpCanada

> Colored pieces

It is very much like building with lego blocks.

Bitwig does of course let you just work on a regular timeline, but like Ableton LIve it also has this live looping environment which is great.

I usually "play around" and sometimes don't even use the live loop parts in the final recording, but rather as a scratchpad.

However in my second bitwig based song "Overdrive" I absolutely went 100% loop based, even starting from a provided bass loop which I built the song around.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Nice soundtrack piece. That software sounds good. I enjoy messing around with soundscapes myself sometimes.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

AndyR

Oh yeah cool sounds.

I get how this is done (I've been watching videos and live streams on PreSonus where people's stuff gets broken down and I can see how it's down in the DAW I'm using), but I'm so rooted to the "grab guitar, walk on stage" approach - even though I haven't done that for over 20 years!!! - that I just feel more comfortable doing it the "plug in and play the parts" way.

Maybe if I run out of material I'll feel motivated to start using this approach!

Mucho cool sounds.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

WarpCanada

> Maybe if I run out of material I'll feel motivated to start using this approach!

I think I'm just trying stuff.   Definitely there are no rules only roads.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada