Bubba

Started by boneonbone, February 27, 2022, 05:10:51 PM

boneonbone

Bubba
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Not sure which genre this song falls under.....we'll call it somewhere between folk and folk-rock....you decide.  Secondly, the song is not about anyone associated with Forrest Gump....but maybe from the same neighborhood.   All acoustic instrumentation on this one....DADGAD picked acoustic based.

Bubba    words & music: Vance Grazio    c2022   

V1
Bubba ate his po'boy washed it down with a bottle of Jack
Living down along the river by the railroad tracks
Waving to the barges and the paddle boats drifting by
Until the bayou sun finally disappears from the sky

V2
He'll greet you with a smile and he always has something to say
About the weather or the government or how you should be spending your day
Days turn to night as he watches the world from the shore
The stars are his rooftop and the dark delta dirt is his floor
On and on while the river flows on its way
Bubba channels Otis, sitting on the dock of the bay

Bridge

Some people don't understand, what he is all about
Opinions of the righteous die hard,         how      bout       yours?

V3
Bubba ate his po'boy washed it down with a bottle of Jack
Always looks ahead doesn't care to ever look back
The world is always spinning but he somehow found a way to stand still
Nothing in this universe could ever put a dent in his will

On and on the river flows to the sea...I'm thinking..
Maybe he's a little like you, a little like me
 Maybe he's a little like you, a little like me
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

SE

This is a great recording with great lyrics and  vocals which all  makes for a terrific listen.
The icing on the cake is the  acoustic solo class!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

excellent recording, playing, and singing.  Love the bongos.  Interesting lyrics!  I could care less about genre...for me there is just music. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Great guitar work and I love those bongos.. I really like the lyrics... living here in the UK they conjure up images of a different world to mine... bayous, paddle-boats, po'boys, great listen !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Great track (who cares about genre) That acoustic guitar work is stellar and that DADGAD tuning is a favourite of mine. Cool production/arranging keeping the vibe nice and light.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

It's a great song with some great story telling. Love the lyrics. Really nice performances all round. The guitar work is really good , great solo. and I like those bongo type drums.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

The acoustic in the DADGAD tuning sounds great...so toneful and ringing. I dig the bongos. A cool story in the lyrics. Excellent vocals and the harmony vox that comes in and out works so well! The acoustic lead just entered...nice!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

WarpCanada

Great song.  Very strong folk vibe, not just the musical style, but the ethos of it.

I can easily imagine that I'm sitting in the basement of the local Odd Fellows Club, somewhere in rural Idaho, and you're the third songwriter of the evening, and I hear this song and decide to come up after your set and congratulate you on your excellent songwriting and a great performance.

I like the folk tradition a lot, and especially like the idea of making a gentle suggestion and telling a story, and finding there's a certain power in that.   A left handed power.  It's not aggression, it's gentleness and good will and friendliness, and that has a power to attract and build good feeling in a community.

Maybe that's the overall vibe of this website.   A left handed power built on top of community and friendliness.  The world sure needs more of that Folk ethos.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

AndyR

Oh my. Sounds gorgeous.

The DADGAD, the vocal and the percussion -  gorgeous mix.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1