"Adrift" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, February 27, 2022, 02:23:55 PM

Blooby

Adrift - Lurker & Blooby (224)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

From last Thursday. A little proggy, somewhat floaty, and speaking for myself, quite inebriated.

Kudos to John for envisioning the section that goes from the very large bridge to the much more restrained "not listening" part. It is definitely the hook...so much so that I believe we even got away with repeating it as the finale.

Hope you all are doing well out there.

Blooby

Adrift

I am adrift
In a fog
Moved by currents
Unfamiliar
Unseen

Rudderless
No way to steer
To correct
To adjust
To the swells
The tides

Hidden hazards
Hidden hazards
Remain unseen
Through the mist
Through the mist

Occasional glimpses
Offer only
Greater
Uncertainty

Voices
Many voices

Directing
Asking
Commanding
Condemning
Pleading
Doubting
Reassuring
Not listening

All are adrift
As am I

Directing
Asking
Commanding
Condemning
Pleading
Doubting
Reassuring
Not listening

SE

Firstly off the production is pro just terrific.
The track just reminds me of Rush with great riffs and progy vibes.
Then the vocals are just the  best, standing  back in admiration, thanks for  sharing!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

BerryPatch

What a song you have here gents! Floaty is correct, I love the tasteful use of echo on the vocals and guitar here. As SE said, very pro production work! It gives me a bit of an 80s prog feel but it really doesn't sound like anything in particular, it has its own thing going on for sure. Lurkers vocals are amazing and the guitar solo near the end is perfect. Stellar arrangements here too, I love the bass that comes in after the first vocal part and the heavier bridge really adds to this. Love it guys!

StephenM

I love the single word line vocals.  That is a powerful technique!  Sounds a bit like Jim Morrison here at times.  Digging the vocal effect as well. 
For being buzzed you sure hold those guitar lines well... it's some killer work again.
I think you judge yourself too hard...trust your talent!  It's amazing!  However whatever you are doing is working so don't listen to me!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Dreamy prog stuff but with a hard edge in places.  I particularly love the poly rhythms that fade in and out .  Awesome.

Paul

StephenM

Quote from: SE on February 27, 2022, 06:01:55 PMThe track just reminds me of Rush with great riffs and progy vibes.

oh yes.... after reading this and hearing again...oh yes...it's very early 80 s Rush which is my overall favorite Rush period....although there isn't much they did that was not great.... thanks SE for pointing that out

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Great listen - i love the way the guitar rings out on the verses and then the palm-muted delayed sections. The solo was superb, very prog-like tones! Lovely stron clear vocals too.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Absolutely brilliant production/arranging. Epic overall sound with light and shade used so effectively. Fantastic vocal performance and that guitar work - superlative.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

It's a great song. It has a feel of " the doors" or even a " Bowie" sound , with the vocals and style.
Love the synths and those guitar melodies and riffs are awesome. Love the way it builds up then fades away. Excellent collaboration.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

I also hear Jim Morrison in the vocal styling...cool vocals and lyrics John! There's some subtle guitar riffing throughout that does bring Rush to mind. Some fine soloing Blooby, great tone and sustain! Way to go guys at keeping out of the ruts!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?