1234 by BerryPatch (Numbers Fest)

Started by BerryPatch, February 23, 2022, 08:26:32 PM

BerryPatch

1234 (SC edit)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NumbersFest (banner image missing)

This started out as I was playing around with a drumbeat in garage band for Mac (the computer only sometimes boots up correctly... but hey, it's almost 10 years old now). There was this cool "motown" drumbeat that when I sped it up, it sounded quite Neu!/Krautrocky sounding so I took it into that kind of direction. With those crafty Germans from the 70's being so "numerical" in the way they play I thought it would be a decent addition to numbers fest. I try my hand at a little German, French and Spanish ;). Enjoy...

Epiphone SG P90 (Rhythm)
Epihone Sheraton (lead, wah stabs with vox wah pedal)
Epiphone Viola Bass
Korg SH 201 synth
Shure SM 58 mic
Ebow
Drums and electric piano from GarageBand
Mixed on GarageBand and Boss BR 1200

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

AndyR

Hehe - I'm hearing Hawkwind everywhere now!
I maybe need to put Space Ritual on or something ;D

This is mighty cool - around the 2:50 mark I was "Argh! My head is gonna explode!" then it eased off, then it came back, then it eased off again for the end.

Like it.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

TPB

ono dos thres really trippy and nice sounded like a movie back ground music
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

Great post ! There's definitely a feel of Kraftwerk there in parts but with a more up-to-date feel.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

right out of the gate I am thinking this would ODH but I cheated and already knew it was you...but it didn't seem so...
that is cool in itself...
and yet again you have made a massive sound and a massive song...This is seductive math....as in I am sucked into the vortex of that tshtshtsh choo tshtshtsh choo sound swirl... I think there is a massive vacuum sucking me into somewhere I want to be....deeper and deeper and deeper I get...

mesmerizing, enticing, love that voice in the deperthsphere...and then that flanged guitar has a Fixx of Seagulls reminders...
1234 and I am marching in the order of the Berryman

almost has a Black Sabbath thing under there too...how many layers will be revealed?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Great  song .. Really liked the beat, lots of energy to it,  next time that I'm in my car I'm going to play this really loud ..
Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Loved it! Strong krautrock vibe here (which fits the subject matter so well), and some of that space-rock as well.

Well done!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

Spacey and trippy dude! This fits the NumbersFest perfectly! It's very hypnotic with the repeating bass progression...nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

WarpCanada

Since "ein zwei drei fir" sounds like something I saw in a lot of old world war 2 movies that made it kinda chilling knowing that yesterday another war in Europe launched off.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada