Paramount (LITLR) - Andyr Original

Started by AndyR, February 22, 2022, 09:18:13 AM

AndyR

Another Songwriting Demo for FAWM 2022

Song number 14.

This is it ... FAWM's all finished for me... time for a lie down now.

There's still nearly a week to go, but I'm done, 14 songs written in 16 days...

I'm kinda drained. And I wanna do something else for a bit!

Paramount
Words & Music AndyR
--------------------------------
Now the pretty one has gone
And we're still sitting here
Breathless and shocked
That she'll never reappear
I can't believe no-one cried
I still can't believe how no-one cried

We seem busy with the last
As if nothing has gone wrong
We're shaken by the past
But still reaching for the song
And I can't believe how she tried
I still can't believe how hard she tried

It's not paramount
That we cry for her
She did her best
Got less than she deserved
It's not paramount
That we atone
But what the last few hours have shown
It's paramount we remember her

It's the little things we find
That make us realise
Alone and scared
A violent surprise
And I can't believe no-one cared
I still can't believe that no-one cared

It's not paramount
That we cry for her
She did her best
Got less than she deserved
It's not paramount
That we atone
But what the last few hours have shown
It's paramount we remember her

Copyright (C) 2022 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

A huge goal accomplished with skill and professionalism all along the way, Andy! The words and vocal are very moving in this song. Well done x 14!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I've been enjoying these acoustic songs a lot. Been lurking in the shadows and mostly listening in the car. Once i tried to comment one of these songs, but didn't feel like the words were coming out right. You've really found the groove. Recording lots of songs. A catalogue worth of songs. You've managed to keep the bar very high and if you're not close to burning out that's a small miracle. When i'm hitting the groove i'm almost always close to burning...

And in my case the songs with some meaning mostly come from negative things, so i'm kinda happy that i don't have anything to say :D This brings me to the lyrics. You've build several songs with real meaning behind them. Universal themes with personality. I don't know if you've composed songs at this pace before, but it's really working!

Great song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

congratulations Sir Andy!  If I were the decider I would don you with the Knighthood... !!!

bravo on all these great songs...

I enjoy reading your lyrics apart from the music as well...makes me wonder about things though...
I think that is how it's sposed to be
ohhhh that chord you strike around 3:08... wow!!!
I heard that before somewhere...major good

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Beautiful stuff Andy, that is a real accomplishment. Amazing how you penned a beautiful song like this in this almost song a day fashion. Really enjoyed this... and those lyrics of course leave us building a picture and wishing to know more about the situation. Brilliant.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Cheers folks :D

And it turns out I wasn't able to stop! (Number 15, "Be Big", just posted).

It was a struggle to get up to 14, getting through the last few.
I was quite proud of the "song a day" I seemed to be attaining.
Some I rate highly, some I don't. And I understand how the ones I don't value are probably the ones others do!

Anyways, now the "do 14" pressure is gone, I'm back to normal service.

Normal service for me is:
I write every time I pick up a guitar. Riffs, melodies, half an idea, arrangements, whatever.
Unless I'm SPECIALLY grabbed by an idea, or I need a song for some reason, I rarely finish the idea or even bother trying to remember it - I've got so many songs I've never recorded, and I can always come up with a new idea, so if I can't remember one, it can't have been that special.

With FAWM, I needed 14 new songs. So I forced myself to finish every idea, and found it surprisingly easy to do until near the end.
Going through that really has made a change to me - I KNOW how to finish now.

Today when resting, I fancied playing a bit of guitar for relaxation. I got the musical ideas for the next one, enjoyed twiddling.

I had the DAW switched on so I recorded the idea with lah-dee-dah vocals.

Then an email arrived and gave me the title (Be Big, addressed to the sender of the email), so I just wrote what I wanted to say without sweating it...
In case I forgot it, I recorded it - and now that I've already got 14, there was no pressure, so it wasn't to hard to do...
I now I've got 15!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

BerryPatch

Absolutely lovely Andy! I can't even imagine finishing off 14 songs in 16 days (I'm lucky to get one out by the end of the month! :) ). The arrangement is sparse but works so well, the vocals and the guitar bounce off each other. Your vocal is perfection here: this was all in one take?! Soft but so strong and rock solid. Beautiful song too, the chorus is stellar. I'll have to listen back to more of one-month-one-album project!

godinqc

Another great song, great vocals and lyrics.  As mentioned previously It's quite amazing that you can create so many good songs  and some up with such good lyrics in such a short period of time.
Great work.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

Quote from: godinqc on February 24, 2022, 08:34:43 AMAnother great song, great vocals and lyrics.  As mentioned previously It's quite amazing that you can create so many good songs  and some up with such good lyrics in such a short period of time.
Great work.

:) :) :)

I just posted a massive essay in the other song, er, oh yeah, "Be Big", trying to explain how I do it.

By the way, I'm back to using my Godin 5th Avenue (a black, no pickup, no cutaway model) to record these :)

And that's mainly because my Fender Paramount PM-2 Parlour got utterly mashed while trying to record the previous song, can't remember... er, oh yeah "We're Done".
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ray Brookes

A beautiful song, Andy. This catalogue of songs you have produced in such a short time is astonishing; excellent writing quality, man. Well done.
Ray Brookes