"Can't Stay Away" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, February 18, 2022, 10:59:44 AM

Blooby

Quote from: chapperz66 on February 19, 2022, 02:05:00 PMDid you plug the rack mount chorus in line into the interface input or did you use the Pipeline facility in Studio One?

The chorus effect was in one of the presets of the ART SGX 2000 Express, which is a 20+ year old modeler. They tend to be known for their hair metal tones.  I got mine used a few years back for $50 and have used it twice (once for this tune and one for a Van Halen parody).

Never used Pipeline. It's on my to-do list.

Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

The vocal/lyrics rock and the crunchy/fuzzy/chorusy guitars sound great. Yes, it's big hair days all the way! I'm gonna have to look up the Katzenkonig pedal. Well done fellas!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

WarpCanada

Great hair metal tone and the lyric is actually quite good.   I feel the title could do with a different one that didn't mention the specific pedal, as it's quite a pro sounding track.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Rob Grant

Yep!! First...??...The bass lines and tone???? Great song with catchy chorus. Really liked the chord changes. I also liked that lead grr solo and tone. Vocally, great as well????????????
"The road to hell is paved with good intents"

Mike_S

OTD Bump

I missed this last year, really glad I stumbled upon it - just before I wrap up and go to bed. This is a powerhouse of a tune. Yes it's a bit 80's 90's, but to just call it that is a bit of a disservice. Many a brilliant tune were penned in the rock/metal style in the 80's and 90's and would stand up well today.

This actually gave me a bit of a Scorpions vibe musically, and damn i love the Scorpions (although they did dissapear up their own backsides at a certain point in the early nineties I believe). Anyhow great tune lads.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Spectacular bump!

Quote from: godinqc on February 18, 2022, 05:54:37 PMI find it had an 80's Hair/Glam Metal fell to it, like the group Ratt ..

Dude you beat me to it - Those riffs! Great performance to both of you. Made me a pimply faced teenager again who hears "Lack of Communication" for the first time. Just giving that song as a reference because it reminds me of other bands at the time as well.

This is actually a game changer. The melody mix engrained into the riffage vibe is perfect. I don't know where I've had any example of that. And the lyrical content and singing take it over the top. I know you're going to laugh, but how you got those awesome nitrous van blues licks to fit perfectly in this song is amazing!

Have you done any more of this, it works well.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Did someone mention Spandex? Flipping lovely sparkling shiny bliss...what a great power vocal.......tone that cuts right through you.....that kind of tone could cut your arm off if you aren't watching....spandex...............yeah baby

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 18, 2023, 08:32:03 PMDid someone mention Spandex? Flipping lovely sparkling shiny bliss...what a great power vocal.......tone that cuts right through you.....that kind of tone could cut your arm off if you aren't watching....spandex...............yeah baby

Blooby - The Nostradamus of rock apparel lol!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on February 18, 2023, 08:42:29 PM
Quote from: Bluesberry on February 18, 2023, 08:32:03 PMDid someone mention Spandex? Flipping lovely sparkling shiny bliss...what a great power vocal.......tone that cuts right through you.....that kind of tone could cut your arm off if you aren't watching....spandex...............yeah baby

The spandex is so tight it acts like a tourniquet if the sharp piercing tone inadvertently cuts through flesh......you are protected by the loving fabric........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 18, 2023, 08:45:46 PM
Quote from: launched on February 18, 2023, 08:42:29 PM

The spandex is so tight it acts like a tourniquet if the sharp piercing tone inadvertently cuts through flesh......you are protected by the loving fabric........

That's why they wore it back in the day, to protect themselves from the evil harmonics. They'd be skeletons...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover