Vote for the March/April 2022 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 16, 2022, 09:44:13 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1st to April 30th. Voting starts now and runs for 10 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Saturday, February 26th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• Creature Fest - Original songs about mythical creatures such as werewolves, vampires, zombies, dragons, Nessie, unicorns, mermaids, leprechauns, ghosts, genies, etc.
  • One Instrument Fest - Songs consisting of just one instrument and voice (but these may be multi-tracked). If your instrument is keyboard, then just one patch / preset can be used. Originals or covers accepted.
  • Psychedelic Fest 2022 - Original psychedelic styled songs.
  • PowerFest - Original songs about raw power, cars, nukes, wind turbines..
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StephenM

these all sound fun... I hope the "losers" reappear later...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

T.C. Elliott

One Instrument Fest question: Would one electric guitar with three types of sounds be in line with the fest or not? Say, clean, dirty and ultra overdriven guitars in three parts? Or is the idea to have a more or less same sounding instrument which can be used in multiple instances. I'm assuming the latter but wanted to clarify.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

cuthbert

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on February 24, 2022, 06:16:19 AMOne Instrument Fest question: Would one electric guitar with three types of sounds be in line with the fest or not? Say, clean, dirty and ultra overdriven guitars in three parts? Or is the idea to have a more or less same sounding instrument which can be used in multiple instances. I'm assuming the latter but wanted to clarify.

You are correct: it is the latter. The idea is to have the same-sounding instrument used in the song. Getting diverse sounds from the same instrument is not the goal for this fest. It doesn't have to be a LitLR performance (although that would also certainly qualify for the fest), but a certain uniformity of instrument sound (so the listener can hear that it's all from the same instrument) would be expected.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is:

Psychedelic2022 (banner image missing)

Original psychedelic styled songs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StephenM

ha... I am not sure i could figure out something for this style?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Are oldies OK or is this fest only for current originals?
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: hardlock on March 06, 2022, 02:48:02 AMAre oldies OK or is this fest only for current originals?
has to be original new songs written especially for the festival.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann