know how many songs (originals and covers) have been published on SC?

Started by Jean Pierre, February 14, 2022, 12:35:23 AM

Jean Pierre

If I add up the number of covers and original topics, I find 17809! ! is this possible..I would like a moderator to confirm or deny this

if that's the case, I'm a fervent supporter of the BUMP principle (even auto bump, if necessary remixed), there are so many songs I haven't heard that deserve a new discovery
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

I certainly try and do my part to bump.  I have to admit though that I tend to bump or listen to songs from folks who are active on the site.  My entire reason for being on this site is to share music (as in you listen to mine and I listen to yours) with folks who are willing to interact with me.  Also to learn more about songwriting and recording.  Reverbnation is a massive site with very nice artist pages etc and is a great site if you have a bunch of facebook or twitter followers who want to hear your music. 
Reverbnation is almost 0 interaction with people.  Primarily someone will come to your page so you go to theirs...

I am ok with interacting with, sharing with, listening to, and reading insights from a few people like on here...  This site may be an old looking site without tons of bells and whistles but it's the best site (for me) that I have found...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

I agree with you Stephen ...the main interest of SC is the interaction and communication between the members...but even if we only take into account the "contemporary" publications of currently active members it must represent a lot (how many?) of cover and original songs or instrumentals and it's good to give them a new actuality through the "BUMP" process
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

64Guitars

Quote from: Jean Pierre on February 14, 2022, 12:35:23 AMIf I add up the number of covers and original topics, I find 17809! ! is this possible..I would like a moderator to confirm or deny this

Correct. There is one song per topic, so 17,809 songs have been posted in total in the Original Songs and Cover Songs boards.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

not forgetting the collab boards, and remixes and additions within original posts.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: Jean Pierre on February 14, 2022, 12:35:23 AMI'm a fervent supporter of the BUMP principle (even auto bump, if necessary remixed), there are so many songs I haven't heard that deserve a new discovery

I think the occasional bump is nice. Too much bumping (especially any type of "auto bump" mechanism) introduces a lot of noise and draws attention away from the new music that is getting posted. In my opinion, the new music should be given primary focus. Bumping old posts should be a secondary activity.

Quote from: StephenM on February 14, 2022, 07:13:55 AMI have to admit though that I tend to bump or listen to songs from folks who are active on the site.

I'd say this would be the preferred approach to any kind of bumping. But again, I think it should come second to any new music that is being posted, which deserves our primary support.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

64G has created a couple of great "Bump Bait" jukeboxes: On This Day, and Overlooked Gems.

I don't visit either of these enough, but that's where I go to find music I may have missed during my frequent absences from this site.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

StephenM

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 14, 2022, 12:14:20 PMnot forgetting the collab boards, and remixes and additions within original posts.

I generally forget those as well... but when i go there I find some really fun stuff.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner