"Float II"

Started by Blooby, February 08, 2022, 03:58:33 PM

Blooby

Atomic Fire (edit) - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Many moons ago (back in 2009!!!), I posted a jam here called "Float" (link here if interested and/or masochistic) that had something I deemed worth saving.

I was semi-recently testing a new used preamp with modeling called the Atomic Ampli-Firebox (also a good name for an uncomfortable venereal disease). I set up a static drum beat, a static bass loop, and did two or three passes (one clean and one dirty, and I can't remember where that stuttery thing came from). Apologies if too self-indulgent, but I find it somewhat meditative...not unlike the original "Float."

Blooby

StephenM

ain't no apologies required from my vantage point...when you can make something like this then "Go Tell It On The Mountain!" 
This is fantastic.  Lots happening but a super clean mix... That takes some real recording mastery... great everything on here...thanks!

I can't figure out which of the two I like more... I am going to have to do one of those merge two files into 1 thingy's...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

AndyR

Very cool. Think I prefer the guitar tones on the 2009 one (so I won't be chasing down a "Atomic Ampli-Firebox" ;D, not really a pedal guy anyway)

There's less "Duanne & Dickey" vibes here but, man, some seriously cool playing.

A nice couple of floaters ;D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

So my main issue which listening to solo guitar pieces is predictability.  If I know where you are going then it's not creative enough. You continuously capture my interest here. Melodic and scorching at times, awesome.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is cool, I like these kind of instrumental guitar tracks. And you're right to say its very relaxing to listen to, good for chilling out or meditating.
The guitars and tones sound great.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

This is in no way self indulgent in my book. It's meditative like Darren says, reflective, deep and mighty cool. Man I wish it was Friday and I would have a couple of drinks down me by now and this would blow the doors off. Really cool (downloaded thank you).

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chapperz66

I'd be happy if you were to indulge me with more like this.  Dreamy rhythmic vibe and classy lead guitar.  My kind of stuff. 

Paul

AndyR

Having said "I prefer the guitar tones in 2009", I thought I'd better come back and give this a better chance! ;D

This is seriously good playing, and for just a test/experiment it holds interest for me.
This time round, it's making me think of Kate Bush - close my eyes and I'm back in Hammersmith Odeon a couple years ago.

Yeah, if you posted more like this, I wouldn't be complaining.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ray Brookes

Great guitar work in this lovely dreamy track.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

I impressed with your guitar soloing but maybe more impressed with your ability to keep it fresh with each turn around. I would have exhausted my creativeness after the first progression. Well done Blooby and yes, it's very meditative!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?