Two Chelsea Buns (LITLR) - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 08, 2022, 11:43:59 AM

Rob Grant

Ok....I read the reviews and your comments. Having gotten that insight after listening, I did wander into different areas of its meaning. I did get a violent and lack of responsibility interpretation, but it wasn't my ending thought. Unfortunately, living in this politically charged world, I fell in that trap.
You had a nice innocent day of shopping planned.
Upon your return home, everything had been disrupted.
We go about our lives, believing our government cares about and protects us. Realization hits and we find, they're only out to hurt us. Your life is destroyed, you are blamed, and then punished...all for an innocent day out. You're right, I have no idea what a "Chelsea Bun" is, but it's definitely a punishment to have it taken from you????
Bottom line... I enjoyed the song, the lyrics, and your performance????
"The road to hell is paved with good intents"

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Very good song. I like the acoustic guitar and the folk style, also reminds me of those olde mediaeval tunes. Love the lyrics and your vocals sound great.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

AndyR

Quote from: StephenM on February 09, 2022, 04:20:02 AMIt's totally cool that your wife helped write this?  That is awesome...

NAH! She's getting NO credit on this one, she's party to the mundane meanings behind stuff like the foxes and next door's cat, but the song was written recorded and posted before she got home.

Which leads us nicely to...

Quote from: StephenM on February 09, 2022, 04:20:02 AMLooking forward to todays offering although after these last 2 I can't imagine you have any more rabbits up your sleeves! 

Yep that's how yesterday's got written, I'd run out of steam and was stuck...
So during a work coffee break I got the guitar and strummed some chords and got the major/minor thing.
I then started wondering how to do an interesting melody. I decided to consciously start on the 1 rather than the singer-songwriter "strum then sing". This gave me a melody that started on the Major 3rd and had to hit the Minor 3rd after a few beats but I wanted some up and down...
That caused HUGE problems for recording - a single take performing a new song, that you hardly know, with a melody that isn't natural to you, while playing a guitar part you don't know... and the time signature changed to threes while I was writing the lyrics...
Basically, I was pulling stuff out of nothing, hence the look around the place and add the observations in approach.

Today there's even less in the tank. I'm just about to finish work. By this time yesterday, all I had to do was tie up the front and back of the song lyrically from various options I had... then learn and record it.
Today - nothing has started yet....

Mind you, I was VERY surprised and impressed by the "something from nothing" result. So who knows what might happen?

Whatever it is, I intend it to be easier to sing and record this time!!!

Quote from: StephenM on February 09, 2022, 04:20:02 AMbtw I signed up for RPM as Trevor was talking about it but I committed to 5 songs.

Go for it! Good luck.
The pressurised deadline thing (and the exhaustion that ensues) does help loosen up the creative thing and make more interesting stuff happen. And once an idea starts, you are all warmed up and ready to finish it already, because of the previous day.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

StephenM

I gotta admit that these last 3 posts of yours, especially this last one had me up last night with acoustic in hand (had to borrow my sons, mine is at band practice site) and just an open condenser mic trying to write, play, and sing a brand new song as well... Today I am back at it... just guitar (electric unplugged this time (wife sleeping she works late)) and me singing it quietly and writing all the words down and then practicing over and over again... I don't know we'll see.  This ain't usually how I operate.  It would be a real challenge to just stand sing and play all at once with an acoustic on an original... But I think I need to and it will make me a better musician.  Don't get me wrong I played bass and sang for years in an acoustic trio where i sang most of the leads.  I find to sing and play I must know the words (or at least be able to read and sing them from page) and the music parts where I don't have to think about it consciously at all.  It has to be total right brain stuff.  Each song I ever do has to be that way when played live (totally different than recording right?)
Currently I play with 2 other musicians and anywhere from 3 to 5 singers (all ladies but one).  We play twice a week in a church setting for an audience of 50 to 200 people.  So I don't have to sing at all unless I want to and it is sparingly because I can concentrate on adding much more musically that way. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Love the medieval feel of this I think it is good just as it is Ok maybe a little LUTE playing in the background LOL. There you go new toy to learn how to play
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

thetworegs

Medieval is the first thought on this one I can image the entertainment at court ....loving the sound of that guitar...your vocal crisp and beautiful ....as always an excellent recording ...I worked as a driver once upon a time for the Drs on call and we had a call for a Miss Chelsea Bunn ... 2 down 2 to go

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chapperz66

Yes I'm getting the renaissance period vibe to it.  Maybe add some crumhorn, sackbutt and hurdy gurdy!  ;)  As an aside - I contributed some music to a folk album last year and I understand that Robert Plant's hurdy gurdy player also added some tracks. 

Another great song. Super impressed.

Paul