We Can Find A Way (LITLR) - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 07, 2022, 11:06:31 AM

AndyR

Another Songwriting Demo for FAWM 2022

I wrote this one a couple of hours ago.

I set up for recording, and busted a string on the Martin... GAH!!!

I tried a big ole dreadnought thing that I restrung over Christmas, didn't like that one bit.

So I dug out the Fender Paramount all Mahogany Parlour guitar.
WOW! That records well.
Restringing the Martin in a bit (it's my songwriting geetar).
But I think I'll be using the Paramount for recording again.

I can hear my nearly 59 year-old throat is getting a bit tired.
If I manage this 14 songs thing, I'll either have a very fit voice or no voice by the end of it!! LOL

Once again, massive arrangement etc already in my head for this little thing.

We Can Find A Way
Words & Music AndyR
--------------------------------
We can find a way to do this
We can find a way I promise
We can find a way
You're not alone

It won't be long
Until you notice
That it's time
For us to go
Then you'll find
You cannot carry
All those things
You think you own

Well we waited for the sunshine
How you waited for the sun
And when it finally got here
It said run
Run

We can find a way
You're not alone
You are all I ever wanted
Nothing else I've ever needed
We can find a way
Hey let's go home

I know your dreams
Were somewhat wider
Than the space
In which you stand
And the toys
You thought we needed
Wore out sooner
Than you planned

How we tried to build a palace
In this valley that we love
But it seems we don't belong here
It says run
Run

We can find a way
You're not alone
You are all I ever wanted
Nothing else I've ever needed
We can find a way
Hey let's go home

Copyright (C) 2022 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

I can't get it to play?????

OK it plays now...You've done some fantastic vocalizing Andy! The guitar sounds crisp and full at the same time. This way of writing and recording, LITLR, is working out well for you. The overall sound is very impressive!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

AndyR

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on February 07, 2022, 11:12:18 AMI can't get it to play?????

Er... oops url typo!
Try now :)

(I usually check immediately, but I went and listened to an ORH track instead! LOL)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

StephenM

I think this might be my favorite I have heard of you as yet.  I have probably heard 15 songs of yours.  I tend to download and listen in the car with other SC stuff on random play.  I am pretty sure i can get 90% of a list of SC just by hearing without seeing who it is.  That doesn't include to many that haven't been active at all over the last couple years but I admit that when I read comments (and I read many around the site on many songs) that I do tend to listen to some stuff (Henwrench for example).

back to your song ...really love the guitar sound as well.  The playing is excellent.  The melody line works big time and your voice is very good .... and this song is perfect as is ...
but if down the road you decide to do a full blown version please post it... because I would like to hear that to.  Having said that you know how groups will take a famous song of there's that was lots of instrumentation and do an acoustic version (became a big thing)?  Why not do it the other way to?  Neil Young (ha, that guy you can't stand again, lol)....did that quite a bit.  I am sure others did as well...
But seeings you are already committed to a big project I'll just look forward to hearing the next one of these.  Thanks!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

Man, you really emote with your vocals. If only my 55 year old voice could come close, I would be a happier man. Wonderful tune...straight to the rub (not that way, though). And that guitar does record well. Please share what mic you used and preamp info (if any).

Great post.

Blooby

Nelson

Yes, a brilliant performance Andy.
Love the geetar work and your vocals are just dripping with emotion.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

AndyR

Quote from: StephenM on February 07, 2022, 04:56:33 PMif down the road you decide to do a full blown version please post it... because I would like to hear that to.  Having said that you know how groups will take a famous song of there's that was lots of instrumentation and do an acoustic version (became a big thing)?  Why not do it the other way to? 

Yep, if a full version gets done, it'll definitely get posted. At the moment, BOTH this and "Finally" are expecting full versions - they're in the "queue" with all the other songs I wrote in the last year or two (and all the rest) but have never recorded!!

The ONLY reason I'm posting these is because I decided to do audio demos to go with the songs reported to FAWM.ORG, I had to host them elsewhere, I figured out how I was going to do it on alonetone ... so I might as well link to them from here as well.

In fact, it's quite likely now, after this FAWM challenge thing is over, that'll keep going and record more LITLR one mic demos of the songs in the queue BEFORE I go back to full productions.

I'll be quite in the swing of it by the time February finishes - I've already conquered a load of things I used to struggle with for "man + guitar" recordings, so I have hopes of all sorts of stuff I'm sat getting an initial airing.

I'm not sure I'll bother doing LITLR versions of songs already recorded "full band", though ... it is an interesting idea, but there's only so many hours in the day (and days left in my life!!) - I wanna get the songs out that no-one has heard, and this new method of recording them to my satisfaction for posting means I can start. But I'll probably never complete that mission. ANd don't forget I'm probably writing more songs while I'm trying to record the unrecorded ones! ::)

Quote from: Blooby on February 07, 2022, 06:53:38 PMAnd that guitar does record well. Please share what mic you used and preamp info (if any).

It's my good old Rode NT1000, straight into Input 1 of my PreSonus STUDIO 68C usb interface.
Most of it is mic placement for non-boomy/woofy geetar and a reasonable balance between voice and guitar.
Because I'm doing one of these every day or so, I am learning that MOST OF IT REALLY IS MIC PLACEMENT.

There is some insert trickery going on in the input channel in Studio One - I think it's a high pass filter at ~70-80Hz, a Gate to suppress the winter olympics commentary, and a tube compressor to protect against clipping but it is fattening up the signal a bit. That gets burnt into the audio as I record.

Then it's some post processing as required (EQ, audio edits, etc) for the "mix" (which means picking a reverb, adjusting the send to said reverb, adding any volume automation).
After that it's straight into the mastering chain and dump out an mp3.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

hooper

I like this a lot!  A well-written song and a very clean live performance, focusing on the fundamentals. The vocal and guitar both sound great! 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

TPB

Love this acoustic version but can see how your head would put this into a full production. Loved the recording the parlor Guitar does record well and fits you vocal well
Bravo Brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

thetworegs

Another super song your on  ???? can't wait for the finished article ....the demo is a thing of beauty

If Life is a dream then use your imagination