Ryley Walker

Started by Blooby, February 02, 2022, 03:13:52 PM

Blooby

I see Ryley Walker as a blend of folk musicians like John Fahey and Nick Drake as well as Astral Weeks-era Van Morrison. Album-wise, I would recommend Primrose Green. Its title track was the first to catch my attention. The second video below is from last Sunday in a local listening room. I am a huge fan of his voice.

Thought some of you might dig it. Beware as he can get out there during jams.

StephenM

wow...love the man's voice... and he is a great musician... also really liked the live song...it's not easy to be that good as a 3 piece.  You can tell he loses himself in the song.  Drummers are often scary people aren't they?  this guy was really good... very efficient....I like watching drummers with small kits just play so well...and so big...
the bass player was really good as well...busy enough (i like busy bass players and parts) but you almost wouldn't notice him, never taking away from the guitarist... the guitar is great... I dislike capo's and especially on electric guitars but what do I know?  It sounded really good...
That is a cool idea that room right there... I gotta see if we have around here... good post Blooby!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner