Welcome to the “48 All Stars”......(NEW UPDATE 01/01/2010)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 12, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

Geir

Tony, this is a REALLY good start on that blues-highway or path or whatever you choose !! You've got the basic stuff covered and then some, but what's more important is that you've got the right feel to it, and you've got a great tone and that tone comes mostly from your fingers and not your gear!

cheers

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Nigel and Geir,

Thanks so much for the comments. I'm sure the flashy stuff will come soon enough. I'm really excited that I'm starting to get the feel. I have dedicated an enormous amount of time to learning the blues, which is paying huge dividends.

I can't wait to see what the future holds.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

I just saw Joe Bonamassa over the weekend and it's interesting that he uses his "flash" in a limited manner live. He's more sound, style and attitude first. Most of the time I was thinking "well I could probably do that with a bit of practice" (although doubt I could quite get the sound and "feel"), but then a couple of times he let rip with runs that were jaw dropping and from another planet. It was a good balance, and reinforces that building the right foundations to start with is very important and i think you show you are doing that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

ORH BM POST
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I proudly present our latest bluesman out of the "All Stars" Stable
Jim better known as Old Rotten Head............. :D
WELL DONE 8)
Take a bow Jim........ ;)

Greeny

:o :o :o :o :o :o

I can't quite believe this!!!! That's great, James! How quickly did you learn that?! Looks like bar chords are a thing of the past :D

This forum never ceases to amaze and suprise.

You learned this just in time for Flash's visit. I guess you two will be doing some blues jams now. No?!  :D :D :D

Chuffed to bits for you!

Bluesberry

Sweet mother!!!!!  This is the bizzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  You have got the feeling going on.  Good one.  You guys should get into a dueling lead solo on a future JK song!  That is just dirty sounding.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

ORH ORH ORH ORH ORH ORH ORH ORH

That is the chant I'm hearing from the rest of the class! Very clean, yet very dirty. I'm really impressed on how well you held together some of the 2 note phrasing. Over all great phrasing, fantastic feel, and really clean.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StevieM

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

launched

Well I'll be dipped... Fantastic number, Jim!! Sweet, dirty playing, with lots of emotion. The effects sound great, too.

I'm surprised and thrilled at the same time!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

Hey ORH  You are doing it!! Great!! Isn't fun to be able to play something neat?  You did very well. Had some of your own neat licks.  Great job!!