Paperboys Nightmare (Electro / OP-Z)

Started by Zoltan, January 27, 2022, 07:18:56 AM

Zoltan

Paperboys Nightmare
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's my somewhat boring excursion into the land of electro / soundtrack music. Somewhat inspired by the 80's and John Carpenter scores.
The whole thing was composed, arranged, mixed and then live performed on OP-Z. I mastered it on a computer and added a few additional samples to keep the storyline going.

I sampled the dog snarl when our younger dog was learning to give things away (in this case it was the bone) :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

If I closed my eyes and guessed it would have been ODH.... it has that brilliant quirkiness, although he would generally have changed gears several times by now where as this holds the theme. 
Interesting to see what you come up with.  I like this.  that tinking sound like the sound of a fork hitting a glass I love that.  It's fidgity (sp) and quirky and has some cool sounds in it.  I kept waiting for some cool Zoltan vocals (which in my mind you are a great singer, interesting and fun too and never boring).

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

tonyc

nice tune zoltan you always come up with some great songs , i to was waiting for your vocal , there's alot going on and it all sounds great to me , love the idea of getting the dog involved , smart work brill .......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ray Brookes

You are very eclectic in your styles of music, Zoltan. I have not heard this particular genre from you before and it sounds like you had a great time putting this together. Quirky, fun and at times peculiar but never boring.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Very trippy indeed! Great for a movie score for sure! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

godinqc

I really liked this song ,it has an 80's electro pop vibe ..
I also liked the sound effects included in the song ..
Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Very cool.  Good to push your boundaries, well done.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pete C

I really like this - it could be an album track from a very early 80's synth band. Made me think back to some of the slower tracks on Ultravox's Vienna album... similar vibe.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800