Any Scotch/Irish Whiskey/bourbon folks afoot?

Started by Blooby, January 24, 2022, 04:28:38 PM

Blooby

In my perennial quest to blacken my liver, I'm looking for some new flavors. My favorite semi "affordable" single malts are Highland Park 12 and Glenfiddich 15. Unfortunately, I'll splurge only twice a year or so.

Anybody have some Scotch/Irish Whiskey/bourbon favorites that aren't unicorns and won't cut too much into my superfluous pedal acquisitions?

Not a tremendous fan of overly peaty stuff.

Peace.

Blooby

cuthbert

I usually favor red wine these days, but Jameson Irish Whiskey with soda has always been a reliable standby when I'm out and about.

I also keep a bottle of Bushmill's Single Malt at home - which I take neat, as needed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Quote from: cuthbert on January 24, 2022, 05:05:39 PMI also keep a bottle of Bushmill's Single Malt at home - which I take neat, as needed.

I do love Bushmill's Black Bush when the mood strikes. John turned me on to that. Maybe I should send my doctor bills to him.

Blooby

Mike_S

I used to take whiskey with coke but the good lady kept serving them neat down through the years... thanks to her I have come to appreciate it's worth persevering with.

Don't really know much about whiskies but we did really enjoy a bottle of Chivas Regal over christmas/new year. And another that I recognised as being a cut above was Redbreast, expensive but damn good.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

your two choices in the OP are loveley whiskys. I can recommend Macallan Double Cask Gold Whisky, The Singleton of Dufftown 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and any from my local distillery Auchentoshan all reasonably priced. If you want to push the boat out price wise i can highly recommend Port Charlotte 10 Year Old, Heavily Peated Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Despite it being branded "heavy peated" it is a lovely mild whisky, my all time favourite but is about £60 a bottle.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Laphroaig, or Bowmore, both from Islay both have a beautiful Peaty taste,
My daughter comes up from England each year for my birthday and always brings me a good bottle of malt but the last couple of years she has bought bottles of Japanese Whisky it was really good but I would still prefer my Isla Brands, they should have tasted good at almost £50 a bottle,
I'm off for a glass of my Smokey Famous Grouse...cheers, Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........