Mama Go With Me (Orange Creamsicle)

Started by StephenM, January 21, 2022, 02:43:54 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Mama Go With Me (Orange Creamsicle)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Missing my mom today.  I wrote lyrics for this which were just too sad... threw them out and came up with this.  While it has a melancholic feel it's really about happy memories.  Grief is a weird thing.  It strikes when you can't see it coming.  Not talking about it doesn't help. 
anyway I started today with the black box again (digitech trio) and built a bass/drum that I ended up building this song off...scrapped the trio track and made my own drums and bass. 
2 casio privia keyboard tracks (I'm kind of having fun with that now).  3 Rhythm guitar tracks 1 clean on center, 2 a bit roughed up on the sides.  1 lead guitar.  Les Paul through the ME-25.  Alesis Nitro drums.  This time I used an old Audio Technica condenser mic that does not use phantom.  It has a AA battery.  I kind of like this one.  It's quite smooth although I did have to press the mic amps a bit on the zoom board.
recorded and mixed on the Zoom L-20 and mastered on Landr. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

I love how you chase down ideas. Had a long chat with somebody today about my parents who have passed. I don't think I have the guts to write a tune about them. Kudos.

There are really cool musical ideas in here. I think it is worth a remix to balance things out a bit.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on January 21, 2022, 04:36:35 PMI love how you chase down ideas. Had a long chat with somebody today about my parents who have passed. I don't think I have the guts to write a tune about them. Kudos.

There are really cool musical ideas in here. I think it is worth a remix to balance things out a bit.

Blooby

what do you suggest?  or perhaps I could send you the tracks and have you mix it and see what comes of it?  I generally don't improve mixes that much... you could be my producer!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Try as you might, but you're not gonna keep up with such a profilic songwriter as Stephen! With him the songs come from all directions and the inspiration can be from a single event, imaginary event, an event that's not even imaginable :D and from real life experiences, memories and feelings. We should be so lucky to be able to harvest from all of these sources, but it's really hard...
You're clearly getting your moneys worth from the Digitech Trio. Using it as a versatile tool. Some of your vocals are such freeform blasts of energy that i've not even thought about the mixes that much. I've just taken the ride without buying the ticket :) Now that Blooby brought the mix thing into the foreground i could comment on some things i hear. Mainly the vocals being buried and the synth sounds taking too much attention away from the other stuff.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

You have a very open mind Stephen in terms of how you let ideas flow through you. For me and maybe others, I have a filter which has an element of fear in it and I think it prevents true creativity sometimes. So it is hard for me to use sounds like paint on a canvas as freely you seem to do.

But back to the tune, really enjoyed this. Love the feel, there is a kind of out there spiritual thing going on with some of the sounds. Those lyrics are so good, Great tune.

My wife is in Spain right now and she sent me a pic of a page in a book she is reading... she loved the quote it's about joy and sorrow... I thought of it when I read your intro to the song... it seems to relate...

recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Lot of things going on here. The keyboards sounded a little too much in front. Still pretty solid

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tonyc

nice track stephen , like the lyrics and vocal , smart playing on the keyboard,    .......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16