Sailing the Epishecter Wind Currents (StephenM and Mike Huntingford - TESTtRACK)

Started by Mike Huntingford, January 18, 2022, 10:10:31 PM

Mike Huntingford

Sailing the Epishecter Wind Currents (with Mike Huntingford Adds and Mastering)_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Steve not sure if you're getting the files on my dropbox. So here is a test version of my mixing and add ons. Hope you like it.

This is uploaded as TEST TRACK pending Steve's apporval.

Steve as you know, I was using your wav file of the song to work with. If I could have your stems I could do a much better job mastering. I really tried to bring the drums out... but they are buried in the mix given to me, so I can only do so much.

Anyway I hope you at least like the idea here.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

sorry Mike... I am just now seeing this.  Sounds good as is to me.  I know I didn't make it easy on you the way I built this up.  I honestly had no idea where it would go.  I love your keyboards and the way you handled the transitions between the sections.  That was a bit of a problem and you mended it well. 
I built this song in 2 sections the first being a little more than a minute and then the middle section 2 minutes and then used the first minute at the end. 
I really liked the live concert/wind sound Mike.  thanks to the moon and back for rescuing this track for me.
I should add that I did not use any kind of tempo tool like a metronome or click track and so that also created a bit of a challenge.  I like very much the bass sound I had on this.  I named it Epishecter Wind because I used the Epiphone guitar and the Shecter bass and so it sort of sounded like a plausible weather thingy....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner