"I Might Not Escape" a Hook original

Started by Hook, January 17, 2022, 09:45:01 AM

Hook

I Might Not Escape
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Threw alot at this one. The synths are an iphone app Synth One, Tenor Sax is Thumbjam app. Uke is the Kala Tenor Archtop, Bass is my Ibabnez A/e and drums & percussion are me on my Roland Handsonic 10.
1 ukulele (stereo)
1 bass
1 drum set (stereo)
1 aux percussion(stereo)
3 synths (all stereo)
1 Tenor Sax
1 lead vocal (stereo)
1 harmony vocal
I Might Not Escape
written & performed by Hook
There is no bottom to this bottle I'm in
I just keep treading liquor in a race I'm too eager to win

The consequences are clear & the impact is great
If I don't make my move I might not escape

Can I ever go back to the way things were
Or will I always be fighting my way out of this stir

I'm straight up, on the rocks, with a twist
But I'll never stick the landing after I drink this

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

I don't know of anyone that can that few words and make them into an epic like this.  Unbelievable.  Damn good song.  I can totally relate to the words.  I too have had my battles. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

Wow, totally amazing. Just love the combination of the synth and sax, that works really well and sounds fab, especially at the dropout parts. And the Handsonic drums sound excellent, really clear and punchy and really well played. A superb sounding track with another great vocal over the top. Superb production as well, this one is indeed epic like Steve said. Really enjoyed this, bravo!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I like everything about this song Hook. The Handsonic drums sound great. Your vocals are top notch, and that lower harmony is killer the way it cascades as the lead vocal rises. This recording has excellent clarity. It all works...well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Combination of the synth and sax works great simple and nice song
Well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Everything great about this track. Love the minimalistic lyrics that say so much and the arrangement/production is first class.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

It took a while before i was ready to comment on this one. The track is seemingly simple and easy to get into, but it's way deeper than that. It's melodic and epic with lyrics that say so much with so few words. You're a man worthy of your name! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

tonyc

wow love this has a reggae feel to it , great vocals love the sax , brill song more please......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

SE

This is a great  recording with great production with an ebb and flow big respect.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Johnbee

An ambitious effort and a unique sound.
  :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!