Little irreverent words about Yoko Ono, and come together Beatles song

Started by Jean Pierre, January 06, 2022, 11:04:44 AM

Jean Pierre

yes it's true as Hook says, on the whole of the presented episodes, and that makes a lot of hours Yoko Ono is rather very discrete, intervening finally very little
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Hook

My other observation was when she was jamming with the band (in Get Back) they all seemed to be having fun. Paul looked overjoyed to be playing drums and he was into avant-garde art, he didn't seem to mind the wailing yoko at all.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jean Pierre

QuoteWhat bothers me most about about the Chuck berry performance is how bad the band ( besides and including Yoko) sounds. They sound horribly armatureish and personally  seem rather unprepared. Sadly disappointing.
etait un grand

Yes I agree

Chuck Berry was a great composer of R n R music...but it is not in my opinion a very endearing personality, nor a great guitarist

I saw him live several times in the 65's in Lyon, he often toured France but he didn't take personal musicians on these tours, he often took "local" musicians who were supposed to know his songs inside out...but it wasn't always the case and I saw some very crazy shows in Lyon

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

cuthbert

Quote from: Hook on January 11, 2022, 09:03:45 AMI just finished the 2nd episode and I just am not that bothered by her presence much at all. She's quiet and unassuming, they clearly wanted to be together. I thought Harrisons Hari chrishna friend in the 1st episode was wierder

I agree, mostly - her constant presence didn't bother me at all. However, don't forget the end of episode 1, which showcased her 'John' song (which seemed to me like an answer to the unasked question of why Paul was suddenly leading the group). Her support for her husband was admirable even if he initially seemed checked out, but her 'singing' on it was ear-torture.

Quote from: Hook on January 11, 2022, 09:03:45 AMWhat bothers me most about about the Chuck berry performance is how bad the band ( besides and including Yoko) sounds. They sound horribly armatureish and personally  seem rather unprepared. Sadly disappointing.

I agree. Chuck gave a good performance, but the band (including Lennon) wasn't very good. And Yoko should have stuck to hitting the drum.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: Jean Pierre on January 11, 2022, 10:15:24 AMChuck Berry was a great composer of R n R music...but it is not in my opinion a very endearing personality, nor a great guitarist

I can't really disagree with what you say. But Chuck did sort of invent Rock & Roll (listen to 'The Great Twenty-Eight' sometime). So major props to him for that.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jean Pierre

QuoteI can't really disagree with what you say. But Chuck did sort of invent Rock & Roll (listen to 'The Great Twenty-Eight' sometime). So major props to him for that.

I agree
not a great guitarist but at least the first one I heard in France doing bends on the guitar and it completely changed my way of playing which was rather centered on the game of hank Marvin, and in fact most of the rock n roll guitarists of the time: the musicians of buddy holly, Eddie Cochran, Elvis Presley, Gene Vincent, Bil Haley etc. did not practice this game with bends
To make the bends at that time there were no guitar strings with a extra light gauge  we had to put a B string instead of the G string to have strings easily bend

Ted

Whenever people pile on Yoko, I always think this: Isn't there some pervasive ugliness in the world that deserves more attention and energy than getting upset about a woman whose artistic output you don't like, and can easily avoid?

Take that negative energy and... I don't know... Burn down an ugly billboard in your town. (They're all ugly). Snip the wires on the speakers pumping bad music into public places. Or if "vandalism" isn't your thing: Work to reduce pollution, plant more trees, and create some beauty of your own.

Focusing your attention on someone whose music you dislike can't be good for your psyche.

Peace.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

Quote from: Jean Pierre on January 12, 2022, 01:12:15 AMnot a great guitarist but at least the first one I heard in France doing bends on the guitar and it completely changed my way of playing which was rather centered on the game of hank Marvin, and in fact most of the rock n roll guitarists of the time: the musicians of buddy holly, Eddie Cochran, Elvis Presley, Gene Vincent, Bil Haley etc. did not practice this game with bends
To make the bends at that time there were no guitar strings with a extra light gauge  we had to put a B string instead of the G string to have strings easily bend

Very interesting about the unwound G string! And you saw Chuck live back in the day? Très cool!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase