Soar Eagle

Started by StephenM, January 04, 2022, 07:34:12 AM

StephenM

Soar Eagle (music mix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is for anyone to work with...and call it whatever you want.  I love the track and have lyrics and vocals for it.  I wrote and rewrote, sang and redid...in the end I felt the track deserved better vocals than I can give it. 
This is two clean rhythm guitar tracks panned 3/4 left and right, one has a little delay.  The 3rd guitar track is centered but a little distortion and provides some nice crunch.  These are the Harley Benton guitar and where effects are used it's from the Boss ME-25... The bass is the Shecter using the Boss effect with just a smidge of dirty.  Alesis Nitro drums. 
I called this Soar Eagle Soar.  I hope someone can do something good with this...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Nice backing track, ORH is nearly always the best to approach for adding a vocal if he has time.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

I would have no problem with new lyrics, vocals...even drums etc... I could send the files separate too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

guitarron

I'll have a go at it after I finish up on the project I'm currently doing.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Already sounds good! This will be a treat when full done :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

hardlock

Nice one Stephen! One note on the drums. I like what you're doing there with the synopation(?) but from my experience, you need to shift the drum track forward enough to allow the crashes to fall on beat and not delayed by a 1/2 as it seems. Just my opinion and may not even work but seems like it would. Other-wise, great track! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Quote from: hardlock on January 05, 2022, 05:15:57 AMNice one Stephen! One note on the drums. I like what you're doing there with the synopation(?) but from my experience, you need to shift the drum track forward enough to allow the crashes to fall on beat and not delayed by a 1/2 as it seems. Just my opinion and may not even work but seems like it would. Other-wise, great track! 8)
I was having a discussion about the drums with another SC last night... I agree also there is too many off kilter transients wrong hits etc...too busy...  I may rerecord and place back on here... but anyone wanting to work on this I can also send the files without the drums... I really like the guitars and the bass but the drums are certainly redoable...
thanks for the feedback Ken

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Soar Eagle (new music mix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I redid the drums after the good feedback I got from Ken and Ron.... I think they are better... I was talking to folks about drummers... almost no one I talk to can give me the name of any drummer (except maybe someone they know)... it's kind of not right.  Drummers are as important as any band member, perhaps more so in some ways. 
Drummers are kind of like the sound guy.  You don't really notice unless something is wrong.  But some of us know better.  Here's to drummers everywhere...
long live drummers..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

guitarron

Quote from: StephenM on January 05, 2022, 10:34:27 AMI redid the drums after the good feedback I got from Ken and Ron.... I think they are better... I was talking to folks about drummers... almost no one I talk to can give me the name of any drummer (except maybe someone they know)... it's kind of not right.  Drummers are as important as any band member, perhaps more so in some ways. 
Drummers are kind of like the sound guy.  You don't really notice unless something is wrong.  But some of us know better.  Here's to drummers everywhere...
long live drummers..

Insert drummer joke here

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: guitarron on January 05, 2022, 03:52:30 PM
Quote from: StephenM on January 05, 2022, 10:34:27 AMI redid the drums after the good feedback I got from Ken and Ron.... I think they are better... I was talking to folks about drummers... almost no one I talk to can give me the name of any drummer (except maybe someone they know)... it's kind of not right.  Drummers are as important as any band member, perhaps more so in some ways. 
long live drummers..

Insert drummer joke here

what do you call a deaf person who hangs out with musicians? 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24