Happy New Year

Started by Blooby, December 31, 2021, 05:35:22 PM

Blooby

May it be better than the last.

Thank you to all who make this site a little island of sanity (well, mostly) in a sea of Internet shitte.  Some of the newer folks won't know of a period where the future direction of Songcrafters was uncertain or whether there would be a future at all. There was a collective panic from the folks on his forum...even from those who were intermittent visitors.  I point this out to remind myself and perhaps some others how lucky we are to have this community and unbelievable administrative team.

To 2022 and many more.

Bruce

Groundy

Well said Bruce
.and a Happy new year to you and all our friends on this brilliant site.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

We'll said Bruce Happy new year and to everyone let's hope this year is better than the last ????

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

I had a nightmare  year of personal loss and  a family  crisis that tore into us like a forest fire so im looking forward  to a new start and a better year.
Heres to you all at songcrafters, may you have all the luck in the world .

bruno

This group is like family. Happy new year to everyone, hope its an improvement on the last.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Happy New Year Bruno and to all the SC members!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

I sincerely wish everyone a wonderful year for 2022.... and i really appreciate this site, it's administrators, the ones who initially envisioned what this site might be, and every single person I have had any sort of contact with on here.  I have grown so much as a song writer, musician, and (whats the right term?) recording person in the year plus I have been on.
I try very hard to listen to each and every song post that comes in because I so value your efforts as songwriters and musicians.  I also learn alot reading through comments about how to, etc, etc...
As Blooby said it really is a wonderful island... and I like the fact that it is a relatively small community...lets face it though, most of us are old(er) and the more we are around the more personal difficulties and tragedies that we walk through.  This can be a very difficult thing to share.  For me the site is a bit like church, a sanctuary, a place to get away from it...
thanks to all of you for that.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

Thank you, and happy new year to all of you, as you get through the drops of covid, the music helps!

Stephen I could not have said better what this site represents for many of us

As the only representative (I think? the only one, in any case active) I am happy to present you all with my best wishes

I struggle a bit with the English language, the automatic translators sometimes cause quid pro quo or misunderstandings, so please be lenient enough,
 as all tastes (or almost) are in my nature (musical), I have the heavy task to make you know some French songs, and it pleases me that you accept them with curiosity and indulgence

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

godinqc

Happy New Year from Canada .. eh !
I wish everyone a really good year.
Yes music helps in these times of lockdown and limited social interactions.
This forum is great, it has such a variety of wonderful and talented musicians, this is what keeps me creating music.
Keep up the good work !
Happy New year / Bonne année
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Amen to all that guys. This place is a real sanctuary, a little safe space in this crazy place the world has become. We are free to express our inner feelings through music here or equally just chill and rock out whatever we prefer. But yes, best wishes to all for the Year ahead.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand