The Cask

Started by Frank53, June 09, 2009, 05:17:48 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Frank53 on June 16, 2009, 05:44:13 PMAh, yes! Now I understand. I had considered re-recording the vocal, as well as the drums. We'll see... I tried using pitch correction once. It sounded worse than the original. LOL! Technology isn't always a good thing.

I'll take a look at tweaking the bass level as you indicated. Might save me some trouble (and a few curse words).

Thanks guys,
Frank

Yeah, I hate that pitch-correction tool!  I thought it was going to be the coolest thing that ever existed when I heard about it, and was one of the main reasons I opted for the BR-1600 (I believe it was the only Boss machine with the feature at the time I bought it).  I don't know if I am using it wrong or what, but it always makes the vocals sound WORSE.  Besides, I don't necessarily know that the pitch in your voice is off in this song.  Just could be more "alive" sounding, I guess.

Let me know how it goes with that alternative method of raising up the bass!  I'm actually going to do that for "Gone" (Blooby was right), so I'd like to know how well it works.  I don't see why it wouldn't work, but you never know.  Can't hurt to try.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

OsCKilO

So This is Prog!!!!

I wondered....

Wicked Example!

Some serious Talent there......!!!!

Lyrics are Great!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

Cool Tune!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Frank53

Thank you so much, T!  Toughest song I've attempted so far. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I believe there is a mathematical formula that proves that the apparent talent in a recording is proportional to the number of takes, times the square of the effects used, plus the number of pinch-ins. LOL!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

OsCKilO

Quote from: Frank53 on June 17, 2009, 06:29:14 PMI believe there is a mathematical formula that proves that the apparent talent in a recording is proportional to the number of takes, times the square of the effects used, plus the number of pinch-ins. LOL!

Just tried it with the osckilo stuff.....

Got the result.......

Do negative numbers count? LoL   ;D :-[

I Love your stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy