I met a star today named Rockie Lynn

Started by StephenM, December 28, 2021, 11:10:13 AM

StephenM

I had the privilege of meeting this man today under the oddest circumstances (at least to me).  His name is Rockie Lynne and he is very well known in the country music community, a star really.  He invited me to his recording studio this morning.  Super nice man and incredibly talented song writer and guitar player (and he can also rock).  I really hadn't heard of him because I don't really know country much, but I am taking notice now...
he shared with me some things about songwriting, said he writes a song every day...it's his discipline.  His primary thing now is as a songwriter for other musicians.  He also has a charity that raises money to sponsor kids of fallen North Carolina military to college and he said over the years his charity put 110 kids through college.  I asked him to sign my Les Paul...he played it and signed it.. I realized sitting in his studio chatting that I was near greatness...it was a humbling experience.  He actually wanted to hear one of my songs.  It was cool.  He had so many guitars had to be 64! ha!  The mixing desk was like I've only seen in photos...said he travels with his helix...
The whole reason I got to meet him was because of my new zoom mixer recorder.... I had to restructure my studio and was getting rid of some equipment.  This guy called me about some of it as he owns a company that rents out PA equipment for all sorts of venues and he bought some of it...actually gave me gas money for driving it the 45 minutes to him on top of what I was asking...and he treated me like a friend...impressive...
[youtube]I had the privilege of meeting this man today under the oddest circumstances (at least to me).  His name is Rockie Lynne and he is very well known in the country music community, a star really.  He invited me to his recording studio this morning.  Super nice man and incredibly talented song writer and guitar player (and he can also rock).  I really hadn't heard of him because I don't really know country much, but I am taking notice now...
he shared with me some things about songwriting, said he writes a song every day...it's his discipline.  His primary thing now is as a songwriter for other musicians.  He also has a charity that raises money to sponsor kids of fallen North Carolina military to college and he said over the years his charity put 110 kids through college.  I asked him to sign my Les Paul...he played it and signed it.. I realized sitting in his studio chatting that I was near greatness...it was a humbling experience.  He actually wanted to hear one of my songs.  It was cool.  He had so many guitars had to be 64! ha!  The mixing desk was like I've only seen in photos...said he travels with his helix...  I tried to include you tube links but it won't take for some reason... easy to google the man...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

sorry about my look it was all I could do in the moment of trying to get a photo

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

guitarron

What a great guy. That's awesome that you got to spend time with him.
I like the idea of a song a day. That something you're doing already!

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Lovely story... the guy seems like he has proper star quality.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

bruno

That's an awesome story. Its great that muso's give back to the music community - it inspires everyone and always appreciated. He is indeed a decent guy for that. People are judged by their actions.

The one thing I've learned from the internet is that the real musicians are not so different from you and I, they have the same spaces, gear, fears, hopes and uncertainties, despite their Stella talent. It makes them human, and that's a good thing.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

godinqc

Really cool story ..  :)
It's always nice to meet other fellow musicians especially a music star ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800