Zoom L-20 Live Track

Started by StephenM, December 27, 2021, 04:00:45 PM

StephenM

I got a new toy...

I was really needing a new mixer (my Behringer was very old and getting a good bit shaky)... and I so have fallen in love with my Zoom R24 I decided I was going to stick with zoom.  I looked at Tascam and I know lots of folks like them very much. 
I don't know alot about this but I plan to provide updates a little at a time as i learn the deck. 
My first reaction is that it's quite handsome.  Doesn't look cheap (and it wasn't at about a thousand dollars).
So far all I have done is (after completely changing the studio around to take advantage of the new deck) I plugged in the JBL studio monitors (they are the Mark II series not expensive, about 300 for the pair) and ran a feed over to my large Behringer powered speakers when i need to blow the house down or when I have musicians over to jam with. 
I really like the effects on board and etc...will go into that a little later

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Congrats Stephen! I'm sure it'll serve you well :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

New toys are always nice seems to spark the creative juices and plus it is just fun to get new to us let me know how it works out for you
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

my first recording using the L-20.  I should add that I was able to get interest free payments of about $90 at ZZounds.com.  12 payments.  This is pretty much how I have bought all my gear through the last years..  When I get something paid off, I get something else.

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=31942.0;attach=192725

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

guitarron

Sweet!  I'm sure you'll get a lot of use from it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

A buddy just got its little brother (with perhaps 8 inputs?), and he loves it.  I am sure you will get loads of mileage out of it.

Blooby

Hook

Very cool, I assume you will be using this with your Church band?
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

Quote from: Hook on December 29, 2021, 06:52:27 AMVery cool, I assume you will be using this with your Church band?
Rock on!
I believe so...won't be for mixing live but we want to do a recording project so I will use it there...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

bruno

That is a monster. I bet it weighs a fair bit. That is so cool, can wait to hear how it sounds.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

BerryPatch

Wow, that looks complicated! (I bet it's alright though once you get around to playing with it). I bet that thing can do with that a lot as a mixer. I'm looking getting something by ZOOM myself, possibly the R20 but maybe an R24 if I can't get the R20 in the next coming months.