Hello Dear Brother (Acoustic country song)

Started by Zoltan, December 12, 2021, 06:48:28 AM

Zoltan

Hello Dear Brother
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another sunday salvage job. This time i tried to remaster an old demo. I don't have the separate tracks anymore. Just the mp3. Shame about the vocals as i think i could have done them better now. There was an another electric version of this song with different lyrics (they were about the Neighbour :)), but these are the original "inspired" lyrics.

The song was recorded with USB microphone into Reaper. Jamstix 1 (or 2?) drums. Ibanez cheapo acoustic. The acoustic was in drop-D. Yamaha bass DI to soundcard.

Hello Dear Brother

Hello dear brother
I've done and wrote you a song
Been trying to tell you of the ways life
But so far it's left you cold
But i'll keep on trying

Explaining things to you and yours

You lived your life like a young boy should
But you should have seen it coming
The years passed by and you got the pay
But the paychecks not overcoming the truths of life
There are no lies

CH:
There's bound to come a day
When you need to stop
Crying all your shame

Hello dear brother
I'm trying to call you again
The last time we spoke we had a fall
And i did see it coming
Because of the way of life
Is not a lie

CH:
There's bound to come a day
When you need to stop
Crying all your shame

(That's a shame)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

You had a busy Sunday  :D
Great work .. really well mastered .. I really like the country vibe , the vocals and playing are great ..
Also really good Lyrics ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

guitarron

This sound great. I wouldn't change a thing. It's reminds of 60s pop. Well done sir

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

you are really good man...
the sounds are so studio.. I am listening on my JBL monitors and this sounds great... very countrish of course...
acoustic sounds great. 
you have alot of versatility

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

tonyc

nice country song zoltan clear mix , love the sound of the acoustic guitars they sound brill , nice vocal ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

hardlock

Nice one! I especially dig the chorus. However, being a drummer, I'm tweaked by that missing beat between the verses and chorus but I'll get over it.... Good song!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Nice country song the only thing missing is my truck broke down and the dog ran away lol
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

Sorry for bumping my own! I had to comment... Hardlock the SAME thing pains me greatly! And this isn't the only song / occasion with stuff like this. Unfortunately this is a done deal, but i might revisit it at somepoint, or not. Depends on how deep i get into a writers block. Considering that i've been suffering from a huge writer's block for a while, and been still cranking out tunes i'm starting to think that WB is just a matter of opinion ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ferryman

This sounds really good, a great country-ish feel and a superb vocal. It all sounds pretty darned good as well, given the limitations you faced.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR