In The Air by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, December 10, 2021, 10:16:16 PM

tonyc

wow great song love the effects , sounds superb . brill mix clear , and love the vocal , the ending [ outro ] reminded me of the beatles sgt pepper . fantastic listen ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ferryman

Absolutely brilliant Keith. It really ticks the Cocteaus meet Slowdive boxes for me, it's got exactly the right groove and an amazing lush sound. I love the bass sound and the bass playing, just right with the washy guitars. The vocals are superbly done, great harmonies, and I love the lead guitar sound and the outro. Plenty of reverse effects, just what you need for some good shoegaze. I love the production as well, superbly done because there's a lot going on but it is crystal clear and well balanced. Loved it!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Yes, this is another brilliant offering from the kid.....so good on so many levels....you say shoegaze...I say psychedelic, power pop, grunge......spectacular as always...way to go Keith....love, love, love that bass

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Very nice production values.  Especially enjoyed the special effects.
 :)John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hardlock

Uh, Ah, this takes me back to some good time memories! Great all around and love the effects and harmonies!  It's a hit! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Smoking song young blood and as become your norm excellent production
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

Drown is very, very cool Dasilva! I must admit I don't know much Smashing Pumpkins outside of their bigger songs, but I've always been meaning to check them out. I love how the whole song builds up the big solo, can't imagine how they cut that part out...

hooper

Very nice work! Creative and well organized... and everything just performed so well.  The atmospheric ambiance reminds me of some of the more sophisticated West Coast music coming out of the LA area in the late 60's, especially when the vocal harmonies come in. You have really learned a lot about developing a complex arrangement and managing the mix. Love this sound!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

kenny mac

I really like this.
Youve created a sound thats instantly recognisable as you.
A great performance, nice one.

cuthbert

So lush - I loved it.

I also hear bits of West Coast Sixties psychedelia and also an Olivia Tremor Control type of vibe to the vocals. But mainly what I hear is someone comfortable in their songwriting and performance (as well as production). You mentioned vocals and lyrics being a pain, but it really doesn't sound like it at all in the song - it all flows, seemingly effortlessly. That also shows great skill.

And the outro is a really nice touch - I love a good outro.

Well done, Keith!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase