In The Air by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, December 10, 2021, 10:16:16 PM

BerryPatch

In The Air
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one started out a long while back as an attempt at a shoegaze style song. I listened back a month ago to and got to work adding more on top; lead guitar, synths, extra bass and vocals. I also added the outro at the end, feeling the song was a little short without one. It was fun playing around with the reverse settings on a Boss Digital Delay pedal, which you can kinda hear at the end of the track. I was too lazy this time to record with the mic and the amp ;D so it's just DI using the BR1200 effects, which worked quite well once again. The vocals and lyrics were a PAIN for this one, it took a while to think up something decent overtop the track, but I think its sounding better now. Enjoy...

When it is done,
Don't dream it away ,
Though nothing can be saved,
You take your time and search the velvet sky,

Set the stage,
And read out the names,
The black ink stains the page,
And never feel ashamed of thoughts that may pass by,

In the air
In the air
In the air
In the air

Step inside,
To leave it behind,
No one can ease my mind,
The people stare but have you seen them cry,

Just like there's a calm
Before the storm,
It's holding out the score,
Walking along these empty streets
still wondering why,

In the air
In the air
In the air
In the air

See yourself till you're not there

StephenM

I made a comment but when I went back it was not there...go figure.
first off...the DI guitars sounds great... I always do that because it is easy and unless you have a specific reason to go with a mic'd amp (maybe edge of feedback? etc, sounds?).  Now a days you can even amp model...so!
the intro on the song here grabs you straight away.  The voices are superb from all over and the keys at 2:30...
then it just kills at 3:00...glad you added that..
sensational recording here young Berry

oh yes and I  love the lyrics as well

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

In the air is aptly named. This has an easy breezy feel to it. The guitar effects sound fine. Those harmonies are freaking great. Love this tune Keith

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Such a cool song! And the DI guitars work a treat. I've been thinking about doing a "shoegaze" song also, but i wouldn't know where to start. I can only imagine using lots of reverbs - delays etc. This song is much classier than any regular "shoegaze" song. The 60's influenced backing vocals and the hippie - Beatles vibe of it all. The vocal performance is ace too!
Clean and clear heavily layered production. Huge thumbs up!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Very laid back vibe and the harmonies are just stunning! Cool job with solo guitar at the outro...

This is like a warm summer breeze...works perfecly!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I think you nailed what you were after here Keith. It's got a great dreamy other world feel. Production is fab, all those vocals are perfect, everything definitely worth persevering with, it's funny how you can have song that is just looking for a missing piece for ages, but yeah really worth keeping at this one.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dasilvasings

Wow. This song is really well crafted! Congratulations.
The Outro brings another life to the song. Glad you did it. Really like how you add the phaser(?) to the drums in the end. It works.
IMO you could spend some 4 or 5 minutes playing around instrumentally in the end. The mood is there for a long instrumental part, with lots of distortion and feedback.

If you don't know and you have time, try to listen to a Smashing Pumpkins song called "Drown". The long version, 8 minutes long. Not the 4 min version. Technically it is not "shoegaze", but more grunge, but the song ends with a 4 or 5 min improvisation heavy on guitar feedback. I suspect you may like it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Wow absolutely loving the production, this is just too cool.
Maybe look for a vocalist to match your writing which is just excellent. Loved It!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

godinqc

Really well recorded and mastered .. the guitars and vocals (harmonies) are really good ..
Great laid back song ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is so good. I love the kind of 60's psychedelic sound in some of it. Great music and production and I really like your vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.