"Just Like That" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, December 09, 2021, 10:03:22 AM

Zoltan

Boomer punk? :D Ha! The guitar sounds work great (fuzz is always good for you! ;), the vocals are spot on. The song is on the short side, but fits the genre and you manage to do a lot in this seemingly short amount of time. The drum sounds are great too. The bassline is the quiet star of the song, always supporting the song and adding some slight variations when needed.

The world needs more (boomer) punk like this! :)

Edit: bonus points for watching Tremors :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Blooby on December 11, 2021, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 09, 2021, 11:06:53 AMWhat guitar, amp, and effects did you use Blooby?

I would say at least 75% of my guitar tones are some semi-random pedal in front of the "Austin Rotary" setting on my Eleven Rack (all effects turned off). I used a Scarab Deluxe Fuzz in front this time.  It's the perfect fuzz pedal for those folks who are afraid to dip their tone into the fuzz pool.  It goes from distortion to spitty fuzz. The MXR Super Badass Fuzz is somewhat similar. Generally, I use the same the same chain for solos but am more egregious with the gain. 

I've had a killer weekend in Atlanta. I came up to see my brother, see Julian Lage in concert, and bought a new acoustic electric. I've hung out with my brother, found a new Taylor that sounds so fucking good, it makes me want to weep, but bailed on the concert because of horrendous and over aggressive Atlanta traffic. I am content strumming the guitar in my brothers guest room while watching Tremors IV: The Beginning. 

Thank you sincerely for listening. 

Blooby

Thanks for the tone info. Blooby and congrats on the new Taylor!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Really cool punk song. The guitars are excellent, nice bass and drums. Great lyrics and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.