"Just Like That" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, December 09, 2021, 10:03:22 AM

Blooby

Just Like That - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John had the lyrics and overall notion (see middle class angst). I wanted to call it "Boomer Punk," but, alas, I was vetoed once again.

My favorite part of the process was when my guitar started feeding back. I turned around to look at John with a bit of a grin, and he said, "We should start the song with that." I guess warped minds think alike.

Blooby

Just Like That

I thought we
Were better
I hoped we
Could weather
Any kind of storm
Keep each other warm
Without a chance of scorn
What else is loving for

And then one
Cold morning
You left with
Out warning
You didn't say goodbye
You never told me why
Under a clear blue sky
I wiped a clouded eye

How could such a good thing
Turn bad so fast
Without me knowing
You were gone
Just like that

My friends say
To find you
But what good
Would that do
What if I did find you
Holding some other dude
Or seeking solitude
I already know I'm screwed

How could such a good thing
Turn bad so fast
Without me knowing
You were gone
Just like that

StephenM

KILLER!

based on your comments Blooby I thought this was about something else...man this rocks a ton...and it defo has a punk vibe kind of like the Offspring etc that era...
awesome vocals too...man it got over quick though
the lead is off the scale good too and your drums are always so good I don't bother commenting...they are always great

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Punkalicious...I dig it!!! Did you record it in the garage? Ha, just kidding. The feedback intro is perfect...good call. Great vox and the rhythm guitar and solo have it all...drive, tone, and phrasing! What guitar, amp, and effects did you use Blooby?
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

tonyc

very punkish tune and sounds great , love the start with the feedback , love the way you sing it and great sounding guitars , and a rockin good beat .....smart stuff ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

hardlock

Cool rocker! Great intro and drive throughout. Fine colab! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

vocals remind me a ton of some of the old Bachman Turner Overdrive vocals... not sure if it was Randy singing or CF Turner but man this is a great vocal....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

Good punky pop song. I hear a early Green Day vibe. Love the feedback intro. Well mixed. Some tasty noodles in there Bruce. Terrific collab

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Totally different as I could expect!!! Right up on my street. To my ear this sounds to Clash (one of my all time favorite). Could be a lost track of Black Market Clash, I can almost hear Joe Strummer's voice on this.

Bravo guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

different style for you guys. great to hear you not giving a shit and cutting loose. love the guitar tone, nasty as hell. john a great vocal, great fun lads.

mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 09, 2021, 11:06:53 AMWhat guitar, amp, and effects did you use Blooby?

I would say at least 75% of my guitar tones are some semi-random pedal in front of the "Austin Rotary" setting on my Eleven Rack (all effects turned off). I used a Scarab Deluxe Fuzz in front this time.  It's the perfect fuzz pedal for those folks who are afraid to dip their toe into the fuzz pool.  It goes from distortion to spitty fuzz. Generally, I use the same chain for solos but am more egregious with the gain. 

Had a great weekend in Atlanta. I've hung out with my brother and found a new Taylor (after a 15 or store search) that sounds so f'ing good, it makes me want to weep. I am content strumming the guitar in my brother's guest room while watching Tremors IV: The Beginning

Thank you sincerely for listening. 

Blooby