'Stand' original song by Greeny

Started by Greeny, June 09, 2009, 05:00:00 AM

SharksDontSleep

Bloody Hell Greeny, this is ACE.
And all recorded on a humble Micro BR. It must have been bounce-o-rama :o

You da boss

Wiley

Yes Greeny you are way to modest. This is one of the best.  I think everyone wishes they were as multi talented as you.  AT least I do.

Bosko Schwartz

Wow, this has a lot going on, Greeny!  Fantastic, superb, excellent, amazing song!  I love the Leary intro, I love the wall of sound you've created with guitars and keyboards, all perfectly mixed (and I know this one was a beast to mix), with the vox perfectly sung and sitting perfectly in the mix.  It is a masterpiece.  Perfect, no two ways about it.  The only thing I would have liked more of (since the beginning quote hints at it) would be more psychedelia somewhere thrown in there.  Also since you mentioned "I Am the Walrus" being an inspiration.  But it's a beautiful song, nonetheless.  I do like the change in the middle, where you sound just like Julian Lennon!  CRAZY!

Well done, Tim!!!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Glenn Mitchell

I am impressed. I have not checked in for a while and the improvement is stunning. I'm going to give up on hoping I can get to this level.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Davo

Confirming this was done on the Micro BR?  It sounds great.

"I should have known when to stay asleep"
Nice!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Greeny

Quote from: Davo on June 18, 2009, 02:18:15 AMConfirming this was done on the Micro BR?  It sounds great.

"I should have known when to stay asleep"
Nice!

Yep... all the music is done on the BR, with (I think) only two bounces. I used Audacity to add the sound-clip at the start (mixed with a sitar sample), and then add some echo / phasing to the middle and end parts to change the sound.