'Stand' original song by Greeny

Started by Greeny, June 09, 2009, 05:00:00 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Stand_128kbps
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a new solo one - with everything but the kitchen sink thrown into it. I'm going to do some stripped down stuff next (probably...), because this one was a right pain. And I had to squidge it to 128kbps to fit on here.

It's hard to categorise it - I was just going for a multi-layered, different sectioned song like 'I am the Walrus'. But this is what came out instead  :D

Anyway, this is me on 12-string acoustic, telecaster, synth-strings, bass and vocals (all on the BR), and some extra Audacity production touches.

The opening sound-clip is Timothy Leary - if anyone is interested!

Sorry - won't post anymore this week  :)

OsCKilO

this is a masterpiece!

Please do more of this stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Wonderfull, really great, fab.  I have no proper words, I am a little overwhelmed by this one.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

This is a great original piece. Very busy - lots going on - love it! It will take several listens to get a full grasp.

I KNOW it had to have been a lot of work for you. My last post took up the whole grid and then some, so I can understand why you might want to go acoustic for a while! :D You definitely have the talent to go full boat, though!

Take a bow, Greeny!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 05:00:00 AMSorry - won't post anymore this week  :)
How about giving us one more Neil Young cover for the fest, you know you wannna!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trotters

wow...this is top notch CD quality...you sure your not in a studio???:P

Like the lyrics as well.....

GREAT STUFF!!!

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 09, 2009, 06:24:38 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 05:00:00 AMSorry - won't post anymore this week  :)
How about giving us one more Neil Young cover for the fest, you know you wannna!!!

I've been playing around with 'Old Man' (one of my faves) and trying to get it fest-worthy. It's quite fiddly guitar-wise, even though the chords are straightforward. And then there's the banjo, lol. Working on it!!!!

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 07:06:06 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on June 09, 2009, 06:24:38 AM
I've been playing around with 'Old Man' (one of my faves) and trying to get it fest-worthy. It's quite fiddly guitar-wise, even though the chords are straightforward. And then there's the banjo, lol. Working on it!!!!

Thats the one I was thinking about!!! I even typed "Old Man" into my post, but then removed it because I didn't want to influence your choice, but it is what I had in my head when I pictured one more from you for sure, great choice Tim, I can't wait.  I know what you mean about the fiddly guitar line.  You need to get someong who sounds like Linda Ronstadt to sing back-up (how about your ladyfriend?)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rockatron

Amazing work Greeny!  I agree, this is studio worthy stuff.  Super arrangements and sound is also amazing.  Love listening to your posts man!
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."