Chaotic World - Part 3

Started by godinqc, November 22, 2021, 12:15:59 PM

godinqc

Chaotic World part 3 - Audacity
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is the last part of the song "Chaotic World" ..  If I ever do another 3 part song again I will have to be better prepared with the story line. When I got to Part 3, I had no ideas where this was going to end up :) , I just knew that I wanted to use a different chord progression as I use Am most of the time, so I use F#m for this one to give it a different feel.
I started on the BR800 but ran out of tracks pretty quickly , I'm not really good with V-tracks :)
I think I ended up with 10 tracks so I had to finish on Cakewalk by Bandlab..

Lyrics:
We have been drifting
In this space
Looking for worlds
That might not exist
We have been hoping
That the stars
Might guide us
Thru this universe
Today
Stars are coming our way
To rescue us
To show us the way
Just follow us
We will guide you to
Your new home
On this new planet
we see a new planet
Looks like the old planet
Blue skies , green trees
Prepare for landing
We have found our new home
We have found our new hope
Until they destroy it
Again

Any feedback is appreciated
Have a great day ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Instant download...I love this trilogy..this one sounded great...interesting story...and those last lines make it sound like the destruction of the planet is from another person, persons or entity...because you refer to the idea of our new planet home and they destroy us..
Would be cool to explore that concept in a song of who "they" are..
Love this one

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

This is a really fine song. Love the build ups in this. Vocals are superb. Kind a reminds me of Yes. Who  Ive seen about 3 or 4 times

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Very cool, I love the style changes in the different sections. Those deep strings are pretty fucking cool. I dig it brother.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Zoltan

I'm struggling with a simple one verse + chorus -type of a thing, and here you're doing a trilogy without breaking a sweat! :) The melodies are great and the ambience is very cinematic. I like the way you've built this whole story. Kinda progeish yet more easily approachable (More David Oldfield perhaps). Some of the distorted guitar playing reminded me of Led Zeppelin. Superb stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

Thanks for the feedback .
Stephen, yes maybe I can do another trilogy with a concept on the "they"  :D
Zoltan, I know what you mean, I  also struggle with the verse/chorus parts when starting a song and usually it kinda somehow comes together at the end. This one started with a small idea and grew to a trilogy. I've been listening to a lot of Rush recently, "Farewell to Kings, Hemisphere, etc.. , it was suppose to be a Rush like song trilogy but I then realized how hard it is to play like Alex Lifeson, so the songs took another turn (an easier one)  :D
Maybe next time I will try to give it a Rush vibe .. 

Have a great evening ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Very good...loved the feeling of this...great music that ties it all together....a fine listen

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand