Do Ya Wanna Stay? by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, November 19, 2021, 01:45:55 PM

BerryPatch

Do Ya Wanna Stay_
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This was one I made a while ago and posted to Bandcamp but forgot to post it here. I used the Boss chorus pedal extensively here, a great chorus effect I used a fair bit on my songs. Most of the guitar parts I recorded here are before I started micing more, so they are direct in using some of the basic effects, which did quite a nice job. For the vocals I tried doing my best "soul singery" voice ;). Enjoy...

Spiral away from the early dawn
I never knew there was nothing wrong baby
If you're gonna go then go my way
If you wanna stay

Do ya do ya want
Do ya do ya want to stay
Just remember honey
Im only three blocks away

Do ya do ya want
Do ya do ya want to stay
Tell me lord, can't wait another year
Baby, just one more day

Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Viola Bass
Godin Acoustic
Gibson Les Paul (for ending noodles)
Shure Sm 58
GarageBand Drums

cuthbert

Very impressive soft-rock song, with a touch of soul in it as well. I enjoyed that!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

yeah it's a good un...something a touch toward old Hall and Oates...
and some of the early 70's pop stuff that I liked so much...if someone heard this that didn't know it was you they would be straining their brain trying to figure out who it is...lol...because it has sounds like a number of great groups...
your singing and the wind instruments are excellent

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Oh, that singing is just plain great! I like the whole vibe of this track and the playing is great too, but it's the vocals that really make this song. The arrangement / changes are lively and quirky. It's retro pop rock with one foot in the progeland. The only downside here is the lenght. The song could have easily carried for 1-2 minutes more :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

guitarron

Quote from: cuthbert on November 19, 2021, 02:05:36 PMVery impressive soft-rock song, with a touch of soul in it as well.

My thoughts as well. You have a very soulful voice. Harmonies are great. Another really great effort. Well produced you are very talented.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I love how little sustain that bass has. I'm so used to big Fender sounds. What else can you tell us about that bass?

Excellent tune. Harkens back to those days of my youth, hearing by older brothers playing music around the house.

Blooby

BerryPatch

Thanks Blooby, I have dadarrio flatwound strings on my Viola Bass. They've been on there for years too which most likely contributes to the rubbery sound. I love the vintage sorta bass tone it gets and I usually add the "Motown Lowdown" setting, which gives it even more of a darker tone. I think that using pick (which I did for the bass on this song I believe) gives it less sustain on top of all that...

TPB

I really like this way to short I was really getting into it and it was over It does have the Hall and Oats flavor to it but that is good because they wrote some great music well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

thetworegs

Excellent vocal and love that bass a well crafted song

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

godinqc

Really good song, it has a bit of a Van Morrison vibe to it.
Great soulful vocals and lyrics..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800