Started by des0free, November 15, 2021, 05:24:14 PM

des0free

PopIntroVerseChorusSketches2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
UPDATE: song completed and posted here:
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=31814.0

As an exercise I tried to just write a fragment of a chorus.  Because I figure a pop song needs a catchy chorus, so I might as well try to start with that, focus on creating just a small part as a first step.  Hopefully I will return to it at some point and make a whole song.

I was also testing Amplitube 5 plugin on the guitar and bass, "modo drum", and sunset studio reverb (plate) on the vocal.

Reminder to self: Chords are F G, F G, F G C, F G C
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Sounds very catchy, like a chorus of an early 60's Beatles-like band like Freddie And The Dreamers. I also can see if you amped up the guitars with chugging power chords you could turn it into a Weezer song! Many possibilities here...

des0free

Quote from: BerryPatch on November 15, 2021, 07:51:58 PMSounds very catchy, like a chorus of an early 60's Beatles-like band like Freddie And The Dreamers. I also can see if you amped up the guitars with chugging power chords you could turn it into a Weezer song! Many possibilities here...

Hey, thanks for your feedback and suggestion.  Nice to have feedback as the song develops.  I decided to try your suggestion for the guitars on the chorus.  Also added sketches of an intro and fragment of first verse, trying to implement an element-by-element build.

UPDATED ORIGINAL SONG FILE
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Sounds like you're onto something good here, des. Keep us posted on how it goes!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

I agree. It's catchy.

Looking forward to see where this is going.

Maybe add a harmony vocal on the chorus.

P.S. In my twisted mind I would be tempted to sing "I like her better than you" :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

BerryPatch

This is really coming together. The verse is very cool as well, great dynamics with the chorus.

Farrell Jackson

This is really developing nicely Des. I would be tempted to add a vocal harmony (or two) to the opening verse similar to the Everly Brothers style. I look forward to hearing how it develops!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

guitarron

It's coming together nicely. The plugins are working out good. Sounds nearly complete.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand