Adelaide by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, November 14, 2021, 08:13:12 PM

BerryPatch

Adelaide
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A bit of a rocker. I had the main riff idea for a long time and finally it's being used. I was thinking of a song title when I scrolling around google maps randomly and Adelaide, Australia came to popped up. I've never been there but it looks like a wonderful city, as with all the cities in Australia. Enjoy... (As per usual, my iPad crashed again without saving the lyrics >:( so no lyric posting this time around) UPDATE: Nevermind  :D

It's the time of circumstance
Everybody's sitting in their place
Waiting for that breakthrough case
And it's all what we're waiting for

Now here's your big chance,
Stepping up to the light to burn on bright,
Skyscrapers touch the sky,
But they never pass the blink of an eye,

I feel like it's all gone dry

Adelaide
What you feel isn't always plain
Adelaide
Always something that you can't explain
Adelaide
Adelaide
Always something that you can't
No no no no no

Everything is holding tight
I can't help but feel overwhelmed
Never buy into what they sell
Though it's fun to go along for the ride

Confined to the sidewalks
On the corner waiting for a drive
Will I make it out alive
Well perhaps when the time bell rings

You never would suspect a thing

Adelaide
Adelaide
Always something that you can't explain
Adelaide
Adelaide
Always something that you can't
No that you can't explain

Epiphone Sheraton (1 rhythm guitar and lead fills and harmonies)
Les Paul (2nd rhythm guitar and main solo)
Sterling String Ray 25CA Bass
Korg Piano
GarageBand Drums
Shure SM58
Mixed and mastered on BR 1200

StephenM

another stunning recording production...it's fantastic...this could have been an Ian Hunter or Mott the Hoople song back in the 70''s or perhaps one of the project groups the some of the Beatles seemed to get involved with...someone like Badfinger...there was such great music in the 70's and this would be perfect...having said all that it fits very well into my thumb drive to be played from time to time for me right now in 2021!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

I like the combination of heavy riffs and tuneful melody. That chorus is an absolute killer, and all the deft little piano, claps and guitar touches add wonderful detail. Very fine work. p.s. Your vocal sounded a bit like Geir at the beginning!

chapperz66

This is a fine bit of boogie.  Rocky guitars, piano parts and a fine vocal performance of a catchy song.

Brilliant stuff.

Paul

Blooby

Sounds like the soundtrack of my youth. I love it. Great performance, tune, and production. Put a smile on this guy's face.

Blooby

Geir

What a fab rocker. Yeah this could have been a hit in the 70s.

This is REALLY good. Catchy as hell and so well performed. And with quite a bit more grit in the voice than before. I love it !!

Quote from: Greeny on November 15, 2021, 07:03:46 AMp.s. Your vocal sounded a bit like Geir at the beginning!
I take that as a compliment Tim. Thank you !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

guitarron

Quote from: Blooby on November 15, 2021, 12:08:00 PMSounds like the soundtrack of my youth.

Blooby
It's classic rock 101. I really enjoy your writing style all around. Catchy chorus. It rolls along like a customized van.
( That used to be a thing). Perfection

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A wonderful rock song in that old style tradition. Yeah it does sound like a classic song from the 70's. But has a bit of the 90's indie sound too. the music is perfect. Love those panned guitars. Nice piano pieces, and drums. The pounding bass keeps it all moving and the lyrics and chorus are very catchy. Great vocals too.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Oh yes sir indeed. this is totally up my alley, got that seventies rawness and energy in spades. First off i thought the vocal had a bit of a nod to Kurt Cobain in there but the song is way more infectious and groovy to me than Nirvana. But on second listen this track has a feel of Johnny Winter to me and that is a MASSIVE thumbs up for me - not giving a shit good time rock n roll... downloaded to my very long songcrafters playlist.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

what a great 70's rocker ..Catchy chorus..loving that solo....loving the whole thing ....now i want to go to Adelaide....thats one ear worm

If Life is a dream then use your imagination