Jazz song (looking for lyrics and vocals)

Started by Zoltan, November 07, 2021, 03:38:06 AM

Zoltan

People-backing
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's an old one of mine. It's a jazz / pop song and i did have the concept and lyrics for it, but i was never happy with them. Still there's something that bothers me with this track. I guess there are some musical ideas etc. that i like and because it's still not finished i seem to hear it in my mind from time to time. There are a few songs that i've lately been able to put a lid on even though they haven't been the best :) Old songs that haunt until you bury them in one way or another!

Does this trigger any ideas? If there are no takers i might try to whine my way thru this one again. Perhaps something will stick. Incase someone bites the bullet i'd like to try to mix the project later on. At least try as i'm always hoping to learn from every song whether it's a fast one, or a painful experience that takes decades :)

I still have all the separate tracks for this project and i can easily remove unwanted parts from the backing track (like the "la la la" (* part near the end). The project tempo is 120bpm.

The guitar playing was intentionally low key and borderline out of tune. I actually had the RHCP song "Melancholy Mechanics" in mind while playing the guitars and i was trying to bend the rules of what's acceptable regarding staying in the key. That was the main idea when playing the song, but i've later regretted it a bit and gone back and forth whether the playing should be better, or not. This way i think the choruses sound a bit more effective. Overall i feel this is a song that sounds both positive and melancholy at the sametime.

(* The la la -part was inspired by sounds and feel i got from jazz songs heard in Finnish television (in the 80s). They might have even been apart of childrens programs. It's a particular sound and feel that i don't particularly like (!) and sounds both anaemic and haunting. Kinda like an idea that's supposed to be "uplifting" and "positive" but doesn't quite come across like that.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper