Use AI to help with Lyrics

Started by Ted, November 06, 2021, 09:21:15 AM

Mike_S

Quote from: Trist on July 21, 2023, 08:29:44 AMThe thought of AI being used in music makes my skin crawl, i still remember when lyrics mattered and were always mentioned , very rare now, but now who will as everyone will think everything is fake good for a laugh maybe a i for kicks, but its one step closer to the matrix. and our eventual demise by the terminators. :)

Yes indeed, where to start. Ai...  pretty sure I won't be participating in anything Ai related and that will include fests here on SC if they ever get voted in. I think Ai is crossing a line now that shouldn't be crossed. The lines are too blurred... it's a slippery slope that I personally believe a strong stand should be made against in artistic communities

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

I, for one, take advantage of AI all nearly every day. But letting AI have the final say is (as of today) usually garbage. I have used the internet creatively when songwriting for a long time. Even before AI tools were so easily accessible, I would use web searches rattle my brain a little.

For example: If I was writing a song about a dog eating a pineapple, and was stuck for a third verse, I would search for "dog pineapple eat" and then throw in some third unrelated search term such as "letter opener." Just scanning the search results, and seeing the unexpected contexts in which all of these words appear together, would sometimes inspire an idea that had been just out of reach.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveB

I have to admit that I know very little of this AI stuff, and also admit that I'm not particularly interested in it either. But it will probably become the norm as these things do. I'm reminded of the 'Buggles' song which claimed: 'They wrote your ? with new technology', and of course the fact is (and I'm not too sure how far advanced 'Vox' software is), but quite literally now, you can be a complete non-musician, yet with a computer and software create a credible 'Dance track' etc. I'm hoping to see out my days with human thought and interaction still taking place.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon