Don't You (Forget About Me)

Started by Zoltan, November 04, 2021, 02:30:17 PM

Zoltan

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I tried singing like Bryan Ferry and it didn't really work :) I think i'll have to take a pass on Roxy Music Fest. Those vocals are impossible!
For fun i downloaded a .midi file of Don't You (Forget About Me) and made an electro version of the song. All the synth sounds, except drums were done with freeware soft synths.

The singing is a bit "varied" but it was still fun to do :) Those "hey hey... ooh" thingies were impossible to do i didn't even really try. I just left them. It's a one pass take with lots of finglish happening!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

guitarron

Sounds great. This conjures up t he 80s for me. I agree about the roxyfest. Bryan ferry's voice is hard to emulate. Very distinct.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

QUESTION:  How did I miss this?  Answer:  I don't have a clue.
QUESTION:  Why and how am I seeing this now?  The last post on it is from months ago.  It must be a sign from heaven.  Answer:  I don't know.

QUESTION:  Do I like this song?  Answer: No.
QUESTION:  Why don't I like this song?  Answer:  Because I love it!

this is a favorite track of mine.... it's a natural that you would do this because you can sound just like the singer.  I have noticed that before.  I am glad I got to hear this!

and as well as you did it, I think you could do those vocals even better with a bit more effort.... or even a remix.... but either way... I will take this ... and love it!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

I'm a big simple minds fan,covered them a few times on here.
From my hometown of Glasgow.
Fab job.

the physics teacher

Hi there I was searching for backing tracks to sing allong with and stumbled upon yours.You did a fine job on both parts. Is it possible to post the backing track only so I can with you permission ofcourse try to sing allong?
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Zoltan

Quote from: the physics teacher on May 29, 2023, 05:44:27 AMHi there I was searching for backing tracks to sing allong with and stumbled upon yours.You did a fine job on both parts. Is it possible to post the backing track only so I can with you permission ofcourse try to sing allong?

Hi! I would post the backing track, but i don't think i have it anymore :( It was just a quick wing it type of thing and i usually then delete everything...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

the physics teacher

Arghhh that is to bad.

Gr Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.