Passing Word by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, October 27, 2021, 06:30:26 PM

StephenM

I was so blown away by this yesterday in the car...first off I am thinking if I didn't know this could be and ELO/Alan Parsons track but then later on it morphs into this amazing Boston sounding guitar that made me sit up straight in my seat and my eyes got big as saucers (around 3:06)....hell of a track here young man...my gosh...the bass work also is amazing as is everything...I feel very fortunate to hear this....very fortunate

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

quel enregistrement!

QuoteTwo Godin acoustics
Epiphone Viola Bass
Danelectro 12 String
Gibson Les Paul (for lead during first 3 minutes, rhythm for the last parts)
Fender Stratocaster (lead after that)
Epiphone Sheraton (in there somewhere, for bit parts)
Korg Piano
Garage Band Organ and Drums
Roland SH 201 (for outro)
Mellotron App
Shure SM 58
Fender Blues Junior
Mixed/recorded on BR1200

...and thank you for putting the details of the material used, we should always do them, and details on the construction of the recording

...I was thinking while listening I like the sound of the bass, and I saw on the listing that it was an epiphone viola :)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

Quote from: Greeny on October 28, 2021, 07:14:07 AMAn absolute f*cking epic! The writing, performance and production are complete class. Loving that chord change that goes into the choruses - and the majestic, rising choruses themselves. The switch to heavier guitar works beautifully too. Soaring stuff! Little elements of The Beatles and Foo Fighters, but all yours. An instant Songcrafter classic if I may be so bold.

Gotta go along with Tim and a lot of the oher comments. It's a huge song... in terms of how damn good it is. It's got a real touch of some of the best sounds of seventies rock but there is something more in here... something hard to define but I guess that must be just your own sound and style so all in all you have something classic but original, but more than anything else it's bloody tremendous.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

I listened to this yesterday but was obviously so blown away that I forgot to comment.

This is just fantastic Keith.

Like greeny I get the Beatles/Foo fighters wibe.

If macca and grohl had released this instead of what the did in 2013 it would have been so much better. And I quite like what they did. https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5vpreVyRA&feature=share

Well anyway. This is fab and you are really turning into a great songwriter/performer.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

I love tis Keith, it's really top notch. The dynamics and depth of the songwriting blew me away. I really liked the changes at just after 3 mins with the amazingly powerful guitars and then the way it drops down at around 4:15 with the picked guitars. So much to enjoy in this, it really is epic stuff. And it's so well put together despite so much going on. Superb from start to finish.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

I hear a REM influence in here, but that guitar break was very George Harrison. As other have said, stellar tune as well as production. Loving the bass and the subtle keys. Superb vocal and a killer ending. Wow.

Great post.

Blooby

Zoltan

There's not much to add... This is such a work of art and fine songwriting! The performances are top notch. Pure perfection. A classic from the get go!
Color me envious :) (Or should i say Colour...? :))
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Just brilliant! Top class songwriting, performance and production! Tasty lead guitar additions are icing on the cake!

I like the arrangement a lot. Pop song>rock song>epic outro...wow!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I'm a bit late to this listen but I can reiterate all that has already been said about this fantastic song! There's so much to hear but with all the tracks you have in, the song is not muddy at all...well done BerryPatch!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pru

I love this song! got a terrific retro kind of feel and that guitar sound is top notch. superb recording and mixing skills too!