Spark Amp by PositiveGrid. Anyone using one?

Started by guitarron, October 24, 2021, 07:32:29 AM

guitarron

I bought this amp because I wanted a "living room" amp. It could be stealth and had the added bonus of being a quite capable Bluetooth speaker, as well as a small audio interface. I ve had it about a year, and used it sporadically.
About three months ago I decided to use it as to track a bass part that I wanted an Ampeg SVT tone. This little guy nailed it!
Since then, it hasn't left the studio and has been used on a lot of my guitar tracks. It has a ton of amps and effects that are spot on, in fact, there recently was a Jimi Hendrix upgrade as well. I find myself gravitating towards the Dumble ODS sim lately. It's a nice clean tone you can build on nicely. But the other amps are killer as well.
What I've been doing a lot lately is using a Radial DI box to record a dry track alongside the amped track, which gives me a lot of flexibility to change things down the road if needed.
Anyway, it's my Swiss Army knife of amps. 40 watts makes it a good practice amp.

This is not a paid endorsement

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Martin S

Have been using since a few mths back
I plug it direct into Reaper on my pc. Seems to work pretty well but am still getting to grips with both amp and Reaper software
Tend to use the amp presets most for now rather than tonecloud
Martin

danthecoat

Quote from: Martin S on February 13, 2022, 07:44:15 AMHave been using since a few mths back
I plug it direct into Reaper on my pc. Seems to work pretty well but am still getting to grips with both amp and Reaper software
Martin

I too have a Spark amp and i use this as well as my focusrite direct to my PC but i find when i swap from the focusrite to the Spark amp i get some latency with it. I can work around it as its only slight and just adds a slight echo and a click and it only happens on record but not through playback??? I only wish i knew enough to sort the issue but other than that its absolutely stunning so if you dont have one then get one (lol)

TPB

Crap now I have to tell momma that I need another toy lol
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

guitarron

Quote from: danthecoat on February 15, 2022, 06:42:45 AM
Quote from: Martin S on February 13, 2022, 07:44:15 AMHave been using since a few mths back
Martin

I too have a Spark amp and i use this as well as my focusrite direct to my PC but i find when i swap from the focusrite to the Spark amp i get some latency with it. I can work around it as its only slight and just adds a slight echo and a click and it only happens on record but not through playback??? I only wish i knew enough to sort the issue but other than that its absolutely stunning so if you dont have one then get one (lol)
The audio interface is crap for playback. Even with ASIO4ALL drivers. Seemed to work well recording usb though. I wouldn't purchase it as an interface though. My plug-in instruments sound warbly.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand