Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

Blooby

Last Saturday, I saw Van Halen.  Many women were dressed in a very provocative manner.  They may have actually looked good twenty years ago. Other than that, it was entertaining and very loud.

The end.

Blooby

Facemask93

Hey guys , saw Stackridge last night , wow , totally amazing , what a band , must see them again soooooooner than later , check them out , i spoke with James ( singing in this clip , & Clare , the young lady violinist on the left of the two , really nice people , you might remember James , he was the guy who sang sang " Everybody's got to learn sometime " from the Korgies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOqXy64-hTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr0Ohjt_5VY

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Blooby

Saw The Beach Boys with Brian Wilson last night.  Horns, bassist (actually two who switched), four keyboardists at times, drummer, percussionist, five guitarists at times, and Mike Love along with ten other vocal mics on stage.  Four original members and a host of young, talented musicians. To be fair, some of Brian's limited vocals were weak, but the show overall was absolutely stellar.  I went more as an homage to Brian, but I ended up enjoying it to the Nth degree.  Actually welled up in tears during several of the vocal harmony sections. It was great to see those arrangements come to life, and I am more convinced than ever that "Good Vibrations" is the most perfectly constructed pop song I have ever heard.

Too bad John/Lurker wasn't there as he loves singing harmonies.  Probably woud have driven me crazy, sitting next to him. He'd be stacking some arcane harmony on top of everything that was going on.  That wacky guy.

Blooby

The setlist below is from another show, but I can't imagine last night's being too different. I don't remember "In My Room," which is a great shame, but I had a brief visit with the paramedics, and it could have been played then.  All is well, by the way.  Guess I can't run with the young bucks any longer.

'Do It Again'
'Catch A Wave'
'Don't Back Down'
'Surfin' Safari'
'Surfer Girl'
'The Little Girl I Once Knew'
'Wendy'
'Then He Kissed Me' (Phil Spector/The Crystals)
'This Whole World'
'Why Do Fools Fall in Love' (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers)
'When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)'
'You're So Good to Me'
'In Them Old Cottonfields Back Home'
'Be True to Your School'
'Disney Girls'
'Please Let Me Wonder'
'Don't Worry Baby'
'Little Honda'
'Little Deuce Coupe'
'409′
'Shut Down'
'I Get Around'
'Sloop John B'
'Wouldn't It Be Nice'
'Forever'
'Sail On Sailor'
'Heroes and Villains'
'In My Room'
'All This Is That'
'God Only Knows'
'That's Why God Made the Radio'
'California Dreaming' (The Mamas and the Papas)
'California Girls'
'Dance Dance Dance'
'All Summer Long'
'Help Me Rhonda'
'Rock and Roll Music' (Chuck Berry)
'Barbara Ann'
'Surfin' U.S.A.'

Encore:
'Kokomo'
'Good Vibrations'
'Fun Fun Fun'

chip

Blimey. How long did they play for, that's some set list.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Blooby

Saw Doyle Dykes in a church last night about 10 minutes from my house.  Only 25 people there.  I owned some CD's but never thought I'd get a chance to see him.

Didn't feel like playing today. It just shattered me.

Blooby

SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqL6HZO8YU
When to the gig in glasgow last night and enjoyed it immensely, was in three sections acoustic, electronic and the album " So "  just a great night, an all time legend!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

saw him twice at the glasgow apollo back in the day, two of the best gigs i ever attended. the man's stagecraft is spinetingling.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

I just took a long weekend to see Tommy Emanuel with Martin Taylor in Jacksonville, FL. Felt like burning my guitars after the show.

Then I went up to Atlanta the next night to catch Darrell Scott and Tim O'Brien. The following was taken by the guy with whom i went. Two great solos in this one and some decent dynamics. Now I feel like driving over my guitars several times before burning them. Ridiculous weekend of music.

Hook

Tommy Emanuel was here in Largo on Sat. I think. Someone posted tickets for sale on craigslist and I just had no $$$ :'( :'( :'( I bet that was an amazing show brother, I'll catch him next time!!!!

Quote from: Blooby on February 23, 2014, 04:46:05 PMFelt like burning my guitars after the show.

. Now I feel like driving over my guitars several times before burning them. Ridiculous weekend of music.

I don't know anyone that could hold his own with Tommy but I also don't know many who could hold their own with you brother!!!However, don't destroy them...give them to a deserving stranger to the south ::)!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Lurker

I went to see The Eagles the night before last in Jacksonville, Florida.  It was a very good show.  They presented it as a history.  Some good stories and excellent musicianship.  They played some songs that I forgot that I used to like.

I was hoping for a little jamming, but they kept to the formula.  Most of what I heard was straight from the recordings.  With Bernie Leadon, Joe Walsh, and Steuart Smith on guitar, I thought that there was an excellent opportunity for some ripping solos.  Joe Walsh was the only one to briefly deviate from the stock riffs.

Perhaps I am too critical.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the event.  I did.  There were people singing throughout the arena (except for the guy in front of my brother who complained that he had come to hear the band).  We had a great time during the intermission talking to some guys about music and making guitars. 

Good times.