Do you know and use ISOTOPE VST Plug ins?

Started by Jean Pierre, October 20, 2021, 09:04:42 AM

Jean Pierre

EVENING TBONE WALKER extrait
Time:
0:00
Volume:
For the 25th anniversary, Izotope offers OZONE ELEMENT ..I tried it on my next production cover of Evening by T Bone Walker...it sounds good on the voice (with a doubler, also free)

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads/ozone_elementsv9.html

listen here a try on the voice on my cover "EVENING"

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

chapperz66

I have a few Izotope plugins - iris 2 (a soft synth) and Trash (a distortion effect).  I think I have the last freebie version of ozone too.  They are good plugs although as I'm not a singer I haven't used the ozone a lot.

Paul

guitarron

that sounds pretty polished.
I use the Ozone plug for mastering. I been using the assistant built into it. I also have a FX chain i use instead, in the master buss. it consists of an EQ then a compressor then a limiter.
still trying to get the hang of mastering. Its been rather hit and miss with me. Mostly miss, but im working on how to mix better before i master.

I downloaded the vocal doubler, havent used it yet.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

..the problem with the voice doubler is that it's a demo version, I used it and I had micro cuts and I realized that it's the doubler that caused them ...you tell me if you have the same problem
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

WarpCanada

I have a few of the Izotope elements plugins and I haven't found them very useful.

I operate on a "get it right at the source" basis, which means, for me, I want to hear my own voice, even though it's hard for me to hear its flaws.  Ozone and Neutron do seem useful to me, and I may change my mind later, but for now, I've just gone with the low cost and free Elements products from them.

That experience has not motivated me to spend money because Izotope has crashed my DAW with its plugins more than anybody else.  I use cubase. You might have better luck with Izotope's stuff than me.

I know they're widely used by pros and semi-pros and by the vast rabble of people who spend a lot of money on plugins, which is the category I label myself as.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

SteveB

I think in the Home-Recordist/Semi-Pro world, iZotope plugins are well regarded. On Gearspace and the like people were always singing their praises. I started with Ozone 5 (which I still sometimes use - wonderful reverb), and have also one of the 'RX' versions, which helped me no-end when trying to retrieve some 'Porta Studio era' cassette recordings. Although the latest news I was reading is that all these software companies all seem to be taking each other over or amalgamating. Strange times
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon