How the Mighty Have Fallen

Started by Mike_S, October 16, 2021, 09:40:35 AM

Mike Huntingford

Hey Mike terrific song.

The widely panned rhythm guitar(s) steal the show here...that with your great lyric writting skills, and vocal delivered in somewhat of a low-fi effect (love it!) really set the mood for your song.  The guitar solo? We don't need no stinking guitar solo!!  ;D

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

As much as I've listened to your music I never noticed something until just now...and it's because your bass sits heavy in the mix (which I love btw)....your guitar sound is reminiscent of a great 80s band called The Outfield. 
They were an amazing band...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

I love the contrast between the brighter sounding verses and the darker, colder chorus. Usually it seems to be the other way around but this adds a very cool effect. The chorus almost has a bit of a Joy Division vibe, especially with that bass. Good call on not having a solo here, I often fall into that trap myself when making a song ;D, this one doesn't need one. Great track.

bruno

I instantly thought Nirvana. This is a really great and catchy tune.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Totally love this...everything about this song....really well done...I might have to go out and find some grass to cut and listen to this a bunch

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

Quote from: kenny mac on October 18, 2021, 04:13:52 AMThats some great guitar work,it sounds like a 12 string,so im wondering what effect you used on the guitar?.
It really does drive the track,nice and tight.
Excellent.

Thanks for listen guys, Kenny the janglyness almost twelve string sound you mentioned, maybe that is because I played 2 guitar parts and panned one left and one right. The parts are similar but not quite the same so fills it out a bit I think

Cheers
Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Missed this the first time it came round. Great song, Mike and excellent production. Love the panning of those guitars - works great.
Ray Brookes

karl1171

The verse progression reminds me of a Sad Cafe song, Angel.

Its quite a differnet song overall though, sounds good.

I agree about the guitar solo, they're just a habit most of the time! This is just fine without.

Zoltan

Jangly goodness! The drums are also quite effective.

Enjoyable one. Immerses the listener into it.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SE

Wow sorry I,m missed this one,so cool just loving the recording and  performance.
Loving it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80