"Familiar snapshot" A Geir original played by Optimission

Started by Geir, October 11, 2021, 08:48:47 AM

Geir

Thanks for the kind feedback my friends!!

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 12, 2021, 07:53:04 PM....who is that fantastic bass player...
That would be Bernt. He gives a VERY short introduction here.

He is an old friend and bandmate from Liff.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mike_S

Wow... yeah, raw, dirty, live... sooooo good. Funny thing is I am enjoying those levels hit the roof in places and those little inconstistencies are upping my enjoyment. It just feels so real/human. It's bloody great.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Dude,  this rocks out like a bag of monkeys. What a great band, when is the vinyl coming out?
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

tonyc

superb geir sounds great and the idea of recording in the mountains sound brill , you voice on this song reminds me of tom petty, sounds superb ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

kenny mac

What a vibe you guys create,its the real deal.
Rocking goid stuff.
Love the drums on this as well as everything else.
Well done guys.

Farrell Jackson

I dig live recordings....it brings the true musicianship forward and with no place to hide with studio trickery. Great balance overall. The vocals came through the mix well. Some excellent lead guitar Geir! It's an amazing recording considering you had just a few tracks to work with. Nicely done guys!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is an excellent, live recording. I really love the vibe of this, blues rock style. Such a great performance from you all, you're really good. It's like a led zep lost song!
Darren.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Really makes me miss my band (up until we would get together in the same room anyhow). Really enjoyed this one. Great playing with plenty of vibe.

Blooby

Ferryman

Awesome! What a sound, really, really rocky. Superb playing all round, I really love the dynamics which means you keep this really interesting and compelling for just a three piece. I love the quite sections where it gets stripped right back to just bass, drums and vox and then comes back in with massive guitar. The vocal on this one is particularly good, I hope you guys are going to be playing out live because you sound fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I like the mystic groove of this. Like Donovan's 'Season of the Witch' but with added punch and Hendrix jamming along with it, lol. If that solo was recorded after multiple takes it would be jaw-dropping, but live? Get the fuck out of here! This sounds like an ultra-talented and very well-rehearsed band. The way you all flow with the changing dynamics is incredible. Monkeys, YEAH! Absolutely outstanding. Let me say that again: absolutely outstanding!