"Familiar snapshot" A Geir original played by Optimission

Started by Geir, October 11, 2021, 08:48:47 AM

Geir

Optimission - Familiar Snapshot 210911
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Like "Painted grey" this was recorded live in the livingroom at Bernt's cabin in the mountains.
It is from the same session, where we played through 5 songs with no stops and no retakes. That explains the garbled vocals at the start of this one.
This recording literary starts when the last one stopped. No break in between.

So the setup is exactly the same. Boss BR800. Drums, bass, guitar and vocals to one mono track each.
We really need a bigger recorder so we can get the drums in stereo and have a couple of tracks for backing vocals.
I also need to outsource the recording so I can get someone to watch the levels (especially the vocals and bass are in the red a lot).

This is also an oldie I made in 2011:
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=11082

Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

guitarron

Love the bluesy feel of this Geir. Really good musicianship all around. Live recording is always a true test of our abilities. I'm really digging this. I like both versions. Those darn monkeys again

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Brilliant, Geir, just love it,
Really well done my friend.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

StephenM

Very much has a feel like Zep in the rhythm structure...that lead going around 2 minutes has a Robin Trower greatness about it....and I really like just the one guitar with the bass....gives alot of room for the big sound to rise...
Also the bass is solid...and the drums sound good....like a live band....the vocals are great...no apologies are necessary for this recording in any way!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

I meant to add the lead at the end reminds me of the great Pat Travers...killer work

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

No apologies needed for a live recording I always love them warts and all but I am digging this one great job to all
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Wow! What a rocker with great performance. Very Zeppish on places and killer guitar work. This works perfectly!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Bra brothers, if you need someone to watch the levels next time, I'd be more than happy to help out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Beauty Geir...I love this...it really tickles my soul....deep dark and deadly solo....this song is kinda spooky....really good....so original and yet so familiar.....spooky monkeys....you guys are tight....who is that fantastic bass player...he almost steals the show....but of course your guitar solos are so tasty...and spooky...this is a very good song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Awesome track Geir, I'm amazed that this was performed live. Those vocals are soooo good and your bass player and drummer keep such a tight groove. Really enjoyed the song itself too, as BB put it kind of a spooky vibe, very original while maintaing a real bluesy atmosphere. Great stuff