"Anymore" a Hook original

Started by Hook, September 30, 2021, 02:13:42 PM

jules metcalfe

recorder
Boss BR-532

AndyR

Oh my goodness - this is stunning.

There are several folks on here that I can say "I really don't know how you do this" - you're one of them (that's a good thing, by the way! ;D ;D)

I was listening to Ember's Glow just now, not realising it was 12 years old until I read the thread prior to commenting. So I was wondering why/how it felt more "traditional" while I was listening. Anyway, when I realised the 12 years gap... and now I hear this... The distance between that and this is both MILES and "not very much" ... somehow, now, you've got the ability to  go off the map and come back with something original and familiar at the same time.

Yeah, I can hear David Bowie too, definitely, but I think that's kinda incidental here, that's just how it came out.

Love this...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

BerryPatch

Awesome song, those bubbling synths really give a pysch feel. Psychedelic Tropicana? :) Nice chords and stellar vocals

kenny mac

Im getting a bowie vibe from this vocaly.
The sound is top shelf

Theres a instrumemtal break after the it breaks me bit that if looped would be a brilliant song in itself.
 superb

Blooby

Totally different vocal style, especially in the beginning. You always emote so well in your singing. The few times I have recorded my voice, I'm too preoccupied with just not trying to sound like a horse's ass.

Cool sounds. Cool tunes. The uke sounds especially interesting timbre-wise on this track.

Blooby