Make It Fly (working title) Construction Help?

Started by hardlock, September 24, 2021, 12:19:47 AM

hardlock

Wiz-Id-backer
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Once lyrics are added, this song could be called "Wizard of Id"

Couple lyrics:

They called me a wizard but I don't know why
All I want to do - is make things fly
(kiss the sky has been used I think?) :P

Been working on this WAY too long. Think it has potential but too much material here as well. Needs to be "thinned out" for the contrast, etc. Any suggestions will help.

Basically it's 3 parts then repeat all twice being:

pt1) D,G,C  D,G,A  D,G,C-A7
pt2) F,C  F,C  F,C-A7
pt3) E,A  E,A  E,A-B7
Repeat

Each segment of a part is 8 bars at 112 bpm
Could be sliced and diced a number of ways.

Current tracks:

Rhythm guitar (stereo acoustic sim patch - centered but naturally panned)
Piano panned 50 left (has own natural panning)
Organ panned 50 right (has own natural panning)
Bass (Roland KBY samples - centered)
Drums (Roland V-drums samples - centered but panned like a real set would be)

Open to any suggestions, collaborations ideas (can replace any track or add more) and hopefully someone will find just the right tone for a lead. I tried all that are in my BRs even tried to mix patches for something new.  ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

This is going to be a good one! Already sounds interesting as is :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

hardlock

Zoltan, maybe you can rip me a hot lead with this for an instrumental? Kinda stuck on the lyrics and can't sing anyway :( 

I tried a few lead takes but am burned out on the BR's patches. Funny they sound fine solo but either get lost or muddy the mix.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

kind of fun listening to this after having heard the finished product first.  yup...it's really good... you defo have your own style as I have commented before.  It's fun to hear the differences in folks approach and their "signatures" that appear in their music, mostly without even knowing it.  It's probably possible to "forensicly" figure out who someone is by their music.  I know they can from voices... now I am going to hear the finished product again.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

QuoteZoltan, maybe you can rip me a hot lead with this for an instrumental? Kinda stuck on the lyrics and can't sing anyway

I just noticed this, but from Stephens message it sounds like this is already done? (With a different name perhaps?) In anycase if you'd like i can try to throw this into a "blender" and see if anything happens... :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

Wizard of I (Hardlock)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I couldn't resist the temptation of having a go with improvised vocal melody + lyrics ;)

She called me the wizard and i don't know why
She left a note saying her goodbyes
All i ever wanted was to
Watch the skies

The Wizard of I is lonely
The Wizard is I is only
The Wizard of I alone

Watching the sky
Counting the stars
The moon is smiling
watching the faces
Seeing those people i've lost
while walking on ground

I tried to sing Wizard of ID, but it turned into a "Wizard of I.D" so i went with I :D If the song is still a work in progress maybe you'll get some ideas from this. In anycase it's fun to try different things...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Zoltan

I somehow managed to combine super slow response rate with super fast reflexes ;) I listened to the finished song and it's a keeper! Don't sell yourself short as a singer. Great voice!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper