Barrel by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, September 20, 2021, 08:35:09 PM

Mike_S

Well that was good! You are channeling the (teen!) spirit of Nirvana really well here. But a great song you have crafted in it's own right. I like the hint of janglyness you can hear from one of the guitar tracks (on the right speaker?) Everything is mixed really well too an killer bonkers solo.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

You absolutely nailed it Keith! This is so close you could get sued...... ;) Brilliant Nirvana-like dynamics and amazing guitar sounds. The changes from quiet to loud are brilliantly handled and I love the way the guitars leap out of the stereo image. It's brilliantly arranged and produced, but it's also a great song in its own right. Loved it from start to finish. A great fest entry for sure, well done indeed. I am in awe of this one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pete C

I immediately recognised this as Nirvana the second the vocal came in and before I'd read any of your post. You've got their whole sound nailed - the guitars, the bass, the song structure and the chord sequences. Stunning !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Forking A....as they say...killa!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Im so impressed by that chord sequence. You managed to make it sound like Nirvana but still so unique and all you.

And the performance and production is absolutely stellar.

Well done young man.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

des0free

Super impressive, amazed you put it together so quickly!   Love the guitar tones.  This could be an advertisement for why using a real amp could be better sounding than amp sims.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Perfect Nirvana style,love the harmony parts.
You got that Nirvana feel down to a T.
Its like a long lost track.
Fantastic playing.
Top drawer stuff.

Johnbee

Interesting chord changes.  I was never much into Nirvana but I like what you're doing here.  Guess I'll have to check out some more of their stuff.

:)John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

AndyR

I'm one of the old gits who still regard Nirvana as one of those "young bands", so I never paid much attention until a few months ago. I did a fair bit of checking them out just a while back, and I really started to appreciate what they'd brought to the party... I got distracted by something else... oh yeah, it was Roxy Music at the time, couple of months back, ended up buying all their stuff instead, but Nirvana's stuff is kind of on my radar...

And you NAILED it!
I was gonna say that maybe I get rougher, more raw, on the ragged edge, vibe from Nirvana recordings...
But actually, second listen, no you got that too.

On the chords, that's one thing I DID get from Nirvana back in the day (probably some of their contemporaries too). It was like "these chords are all bluddy wrong!!! But so gorgeously RIGHT". As a songwriter I loved those chords jumping out of nowhere and the vocal melody navigating them effortlessly. (I understand Neil Sedaka used to do it too, but that's pre-history, even for me!! Just... ;D)

(I believe "If We Should Sing Together" is your Dad's favourite one of mine? The chords in the chorus are there because of what I could hear from these young alt-rock guns in the late 80s / early 90s, and the freedom that knowledge gave me)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

Yes - definitely nailed the spirit of Nirvana.  Great homage.

Paul