The Woo Woo Kid

Started by Zoltan, September 17, 2021, 04:53:05 AM

Zoltan

The Woo Woo Kid
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a song that's been bothering me for a long time. The lyrics are old. The lyrics were based on a real story (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellsworth_Wisecarver).
The keyboard parts i was able to salvage from an old hard drive and were originally recorded with Juno D (R.I.P). The drums are Big Mono one shot samples driven by Jamstix. The mandolin is a real mandolin, and the acoustic guitar is the cheapest Ibanez model that was available when i bought it :) The vocals were done this morning and unfortunately i managed to mess up the best vocal take. I guess this song idea is jinxed! The mix is what it is ;)

WOO WOO KID

Shit out of luck
Driving this old pickup truck
Other people laugh at me hard
But i'm the one whose gonna ball

CH:
I'm the woo woo kid
Doing other people's time
I'm the woo woo kid
Doing other people's wives

Don't have a summer job
Still i'm driving this year Ford
Burning rubber more ways than one
In bed i'm the only one

CH:
I'm the woo woo kid
Doing other people's time
I'm the woo woo kid
Doing other people's wives

Women in black
Lay on their backs
no nookie goes out style
When woo woo kid gets the pie

CH
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

The lyrics reminded me of some of the trash talk from my old days with sailors on submarines.  Cool music and singing...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

Great music and vox,  well done... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

guitarron

That's an interesting bac story to this song. Has a country feel to it. I'm glad you were able to resurrect this from old files.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

des0free

This song is very pleasant to listen to, and I especially love the keyboard parts.  When I started to listen closer to the lyrics I suddenly realized that the lyrics are quite naughty  ::)
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Another fun track with a back story I didn't know. Love the descending chorus part and the mandolin is a great addition, it works really well and gives this one a bit of a different feel.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

An interesting story for the song inspiration, that woo woo kid sounds a bit of a rogue.
The music is great, very catchy , I like the fast pace of it and it has a country vibe. Some great guitar playing and singing.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

maxit

Zoltan here's a funny song ! There's southern rock - cajun - country - prog, whatever. Way cool!
recorder
Audacity

Mike_S

That was great, and a fun, interesting lyric. Yeah, enjoyed that. Great vocal too!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Very cool track Zoltan. As as others have mentioned, a bit of a country sound but also a bit psychedelic. Love the double tracked acoustic guitar solo, so crisp and clear sounding.